Hair grows slower but just as thick

I’ve been receiving electrolysis on my chin for 7-8 months. I’ve been going every 3 weeks and felt like gradual progress was maybe being made because the thick hairs would only start growing back in starting on week 3 instead of week 2.

A few weeks ago I had to go 6 weeks between appointments and by week 5 the hair had all grown back just as thick and dense as it looked before my first ever electrolysis session. Does a delay in hair growth time signify that it’s working, even if it still eventually grows back in just as thick? Or should I keep an eye out over the next few months to make sure there’s a reduction?

Thanks!

Were you given explanation about hair cycles? Was concept of clearances discussed? The information you provided isn’t sufficient to measure your progress. You said you went for treatments every 3 weeks for 8 months now. Were you getting complete clearances in all treatment areas every 3 weeks?

The electrologist just told me it can take more time to see results. I do get the area cleared in 15-20 minutes each time. It started off taking 25-30 minutes per clearance when I first began 8 months ago.

After around 8 months of treatments, each session is spaced further apart and each treatment is taking almost half the time it used to. This should be a pretty clear indication that you’re making progress.

It’s taking longer for the hair to grow back as dense and thick as before because of hair growth cycles. I don’t think it’s actually as dense and thick as it was. In my experience, clients fixate on the hair that remains so it’s hard for them to notice a reduction.

IT CAN TAKE AT LEAST 9 MONTHS, MINIMUM, FOR EVERY HAIR TO CYCLE THROUGH JUST ONCE. (I’m not shouting. Forgot to turn off my caps) You will see results in 12 to 18 to 24 months if you are truly getting cleared every time and you are not tweezing in between. If you feel any pulling of a treated hair, that hair will grow back thinner next time. Stick to the plan with these concepts in mind.