Hair getting darker

Could a badly performed electrolysis possibly make my (upper lip) hair regrow darker? I have a feeling that that’s what’s happening to me and I’m thinking about changing my electrologist.

I’d also like to add that the same has happened on my chin. I’ve only had it treated once but some hair in the treated area (and in that area only, at least according to my observations) is now black (it used to be blonde).

It will be very interesting to have a sincere answer …It happens to me the same thing … especially hairs gets darker in the middle of the lip and denser hairs just below the nose … why is that ? What I have to do ? Do I have to continue electrolysis ?
Thanks !

I’m not sure how this thread god forgotten about 2 years ago, unless its during a time of some software difficulties with hairtell.

The answer is of course, that electrolysis treatments cause inflamation which bring blood flow to the area, and this blood flow does 2 things, first it will increase the nutrient supply ( increasing pigment in the process) also several follicles will be forced into anagen stage of growth, and will contain more pigment than their catagen or telogen counterparts.

Thank you for your answer … in this case … the electrolysis is still the best alternative for the upper lip ?

even if it brings the hair darker… Can we have maybe a solution to limit blood flow … should I be patient and continue the treatment anyway?

Sorry for all these questions

Thanks again :smile:

oh yes. We already know it takes 12-18 months to get through the cycles of hair and be left with a a permanent removal. Who cares abou tthe color of the hairs coming in? If anyting it makes them easier to see to be destroyed.

Thanks you very much ! So I will continue…
Alala it’s really a big love story between us and our hair … They love us so much that it’s hard to leaving us … :wink:
Have a great day !

Another small question … Is electrolysis on upper lip might stimulate hairs on the chin? I had never had anything on my chin before and since 2 months an anagen hair has appeared … :frowning:

Electrolysis DOES NOT stimulate hair growth.

well that’s not quite exactly right . In the same area as electrolysis treatment the increased blood flow can stimulate some follicles that would grow anyway to come into anagen growth phase. This doesnt mean they are “new hairs” . and the effect would be non-existant in other areas not treated.

I think it more likely, that you’ve had a shift in Androgens in your body and you may be seeing the first effects of that in the form of new hair growth. This would be unrelated to your electrolysis treatment except that it probably caused the upper lip growth that you are addressing as well.It might be worthwhile to do a blood test to see what levels of free testosterone are if you start seeing new hair growth in other places you never have before.Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome is one possible cause for such shifts in hormone levels.
The other possibility is ideopathic hair growth, which may have no obvious cause or genetic hair growth.

Seana

Thanks a lot !! I understand…have a nice day :slight_smile: