guys are amazing

well, my guy is, anyway, and from what i’ve been reading here, so are a lot of other guys.

i spent most of my puberty years tweezing dark hairs from my chin and my breasts. i would get up 40 minutes early every day so that i could go through the whole routine before school. it was emotionally exhausting to keep this a secret from my family and my friends, but i didn’t know what else to do. what i wouldn’t give to have known about all the options at the age of 13!

i met my husband four and a half years ago. i kept my secret for almost two years before i decided to give laser a try. at that point, i had little choice but to tell him. after all, it was a major expense and he had the right to know. it would be difficult to disguise the ‘sunburn’ look, as well.

i am one lucky girl, let me tell you, because my hubby was 100% supportive. he held me when i cried and told me that i was beautiful. he said that he did not care about the hairs, but if they bothered me this much, then money was of no importance. whatever treatment i needed, i could have. over the last two years, he never once made a negative comment about it. despite us having some financial difficulties for a while, he never suggested that i give up the treatments.

my husband is a really great guy. he deserves everything good in life, including a sexy wife who isn’t ashamed to show her face in public. it makes me feel good when a stranger says that my husband must be a very lucky man, but i feel even better when my husband says that he’s lucky.

to all the women out there who are too scared to tell your boyfriends/husbands about your hair problems, i have one suggestion: give the guy a bit more credit. if he loves you and is deserving of your love, then he will understand. it hurts, but it will feel 100x better afterwards.

r.c.

I second the motion (and emotion for that matter)!

Most men really do well on this subject. Only jerks fail this test.

yes guys can be amazing… but are they as amazing with hair issue problems as with acne? i mean hair is something that can seriously damage a girl’s perception of beauty in herself and more or less can be rid off through shaving, waxing, electrolysis… but acne is not as easy to get rid off and if its on the face, its a huge self esteem downer. I think that is because girls worry about what guys think when they see this and if you combine acne with excess hair…its a nightmare. I have delt with acne on my face for a long time and it finally cleared but now i got the hair issue which i am dealing with with electrolysis. (thank God)… but i still have the acne issue on my back and i know i cant get rid of that and its hormonal and i guess i have to wait it out, just like with my face. What do you guys think about girls/women with acne?

are you as great about it as the hair issues the original poster mentioned?

_rachel

As much as I am loathing the idea of speaking for my entire sex, I will put this forth:

When it comes to attraction, other than the symmetry that all humans look for, Men want more than anything else, a woman who is healthy. This covers most issues of appearance, because, whereas men don’t give a rip about your purse matching your shoes, they do care about things like your complexion, your waistline, and just how often you are sick. Really, an otherwise hot babe, who is sick all the time is just as undesirable as lack of symmetry.

While someone who knows you will look past acne, someone who doesn’t know you may not be as willing to look past this once past the age of 21. This is not to say that teen boys ignore acne in ladies their age, but they at least expect it. I think 25 year old guys tend to wonder why someone with problem acne has not done anything about it at that age.

Most men are even willing to consider a gal who is a little heavy if she is doing something about it. It is the idea that she doesn’t care, or has given up on “making good” on a bad situation that men get turned off to. After all, guys are problem solvers, they don’t like to talk about a problem other than to find a solution to put into action.

I guess it is similar with hair. If it is really bad, one would wonder about someone who did nothing about it, but on the body, no guy would care except that women sure do.

While someone who knows you will look past acne, someone who doesn’t know you may not be as willing to look past this once past the age of 21. This is not to say that teen boys ignore acne in ladies their age, but they at least expect it. I think 25 year old guys tend to wonder why someone with problem acne has not done anything about it at that age.
James, that’s a very good poing.

I am over 25 and I still have acne… The acne problem is now under control with medicine.

Now, how do I get rid of those acne scars? Exfoliator?

The information that I have is that problem Acne Scarring must be delt with either with a high potency program of internal nutrients over a long period of time, or a series of cosmetic procedures. Some do a combination of the two.

For the natural remedy, one must make sure that one takes in lots of skin recovery nutrients, like Vitamins A, and E, Minerals like Copper and Zinc, keep hydrated, and eat lots of green veggies. A daily application of aloe gel helps this out as well. Cutting out things like artificial sweeteners, dyes and colors also helps, since the skin ends up filled with the waste products of metabolizing these foreign substances.

Under a program like this, long time burns, and acne scars have been healed, or significantly reduced in a period of a few years. In the case of acne scarring, one needs the body to be able to build up enough regenorative collagen to fill the space.

Thanks James for the information.

According to my doctor, my pimple is not that serious at all. He does not really recommend me the skin peeling thing. However I am using SK-II’s Facial Treatment series product, those work well on me.

When it comes to attraction, other than the symmetry that all humans look for, Men want more than anything else, a woman who is healthy. This covers most issues of appearance, because, whereas men don’t give a rip about your purse matching your shoes, they do care about things like your complexion, your waistline, and just how often you are sick. Really, an otherwise hot babe, who is sick all the time is just as undesirable as lack of symmetry.

I guess it is similar with hair. If it is really bad, one would wonder about someone who did nothing about it, but on the body, no guy would care except that women sure do.

James, I think those comments are very perceptive. Also, women think men care about body hair much more than they do. I think we all realise that women have body hair, just like men do, but for the most part remove it. The average Joe probably thinks little about body hair removal, either his or his wife/gf’s. Now, as you say, if a woman has exceptional amounts of hair and leaves it grow, then most guys would probably get turned off, especially face or chest hair. If she removes it, then why would he care? Likewise, if she have extremely hairy legs, he’ll never even know, as long as she shaves or waxes them. I’ve seen pics of women with more leg hair than I have, so it certainly is possible. If she leaves her leg hair, she probably is making a political statement of some sort, and he’d either be into it, or not. Same with pit hair. Women shaving is pretty much out of the closet, so I would assume most guys know women have body hair.

The big difference is women feel they need to look nice for men, where as men don’t seem to think they need to do a thing. I have no idea how that difference arose. In the USA, that difference is extreme, with guys being slobs being promoted as desirable almost. Look how many TV ads cast guys as complete pigs. If a woman wanted her man to shave his legs, she’d probably never think to ask, and most men would probably go nuts if they did. Women are probably considering themselves lucky if their guy showers and puts on clean clothing after. So, the woman spends an hour plucking hairs one at a time, shaving, make up, etc, and the guy, maybe, takes a 20 second shower. Why? Do women really not care? Is the guy jus tsupposed to make money, and everything else is gravy? Or, do women just not care about how guys look or smell?

Obviously, guys on this board don’t care for bodyhair, unlike the typical guy, so are not the typical sample. It seems most women like guys with smooth skin, or maybe don’t care, especially if the guy is in good shape. There are women who like some body hair on men, of course. I guess that would be an odd turn on the norm, if she asked him to groom LESS. Hopefully, since women like men who respect their needs, then women will respect men who don’t like hair, and feel the need to remove it.

The big difference is women feel they need to look nice for men, where as men don’t seem to think they need to do a thing. I have no idea how that difference arose. In the USA, that difference is extreme, with guys being slobs being promoted as desirable almost. Look how many TV ads cast guys as complete pigs.

That is very true in SA as well. Our TV ad’s are full of potbellied guys in small vests, covered in hair and slugging beer like there is no tommorrow. Luckily this is only a TV perspective, but the message is old fashioned today. It would be interesting to see a TV ad for guys who shave their legs/chests etc. Considering the size of the market here and potential size worldwide I’m surprised the marketing companies haven’t woken up yet.

Stuart

[quote]

The big difference is women feel they need to look nice for men, where as men don’t seem to think they need to do a thing. I have no idea how that difference arose. In the USA, that difference is extreme, with guys being slobs being promoted as desirable almost. Look how many TV ads cast guys as complete pigs.

That is very true in SA as well. Our TV ad’s are full of potbellied guys in small vests, covered in hair and slugging beer like there is no tommorrow. Luckily this is only a TV perspective, but the message is old fashioned today. It would be interesting to see a TV ad for guys who shave their legs/chests etc. Considering the size of the market here and potential size worldwide I’m surprised the marketing companies haven’t woken up yet.

Stuart [/quote]

I promise you they are doing their market research, and if they thought there was a mass market to sell men razors to shave their legs, they’d be all over it. I assume it is simply too small, and probably tooo volatile a subject to bring up yet. My guess would be they will actually begin by selling men on shaving their chests, as that seems to be the most commmon bodypart for men to shave. They will not, however, want to create some horrible backlash where people feel those commercials are aimed at gay men, or some such absurdity. I think it would be way too risky at present, or they certainly feel the potential for risk is there. Think how long women were shaving their underarms and legs before there were any commercials promoting such product. Now, we are in a more libertaed age, so it will go quicker, but they are not going to be a pioneer here. Even if they thought they could cause me to shave their bodies they would do it, but I’m certain they are too concerned about how the 90% of Americans in particular who want to remain slobs would react. Can you imagine how pissed they typical male owuld be if his wife said to him, “hey slobo, did you know guys are now shaving their chest, legs, etc, and I think you should do that too (every day, so you won’t get stubbly).” Oh yeh, that’s going to happen soon.

Hi everyone!

Even though this is an older thread, it has a lot of good examples of how little attention men pay to body hair on women and also shares some members experiences of how their boyfriend/husbands were supportive of their battles with facial hair.

It also brings up some good points on the whole issue of society and men’s body shaving. Maybe, it’s just a matter of time before it will become as common for men to remove most of their body hair as women.

Somewhere on this board, a member mentioned that men are “going back to their roots” in terms of removing body hair. Throughout history, men have removed body hair–in in ancient Egypt, every imaginable hair was removed from young males entering adulthood as a form of maturity and a way to purify the body. According to some contributors, “warriors in ancient Greece and other places” removed body hair before going to battle. The rationale behind this was to make treating their battle wounds easier and it was a very “manly” thing to do. I’m not planning on become a gladiator anytime soon (LOL) but it really does make sense and supports the premise that men HAVE been removing body hair for a very long time and it isn’t just a recent trend concocted by the media or marketers targeting the so-called metrosexual.

Cheers!