Good for a while...

But I’ve gone back to shaving.

I bought one of the Braun epilators hoping to spend less time on hair removal, coz I was sick of shaving my legs every day. Ended up having to epilate every day unless wearing long pants - which is a much longer process!

Sick of being human - is there a method to transform oneself into a cat where hair (or fur) is actually desirable?

What has made epilating undesirable for me at the moment is that I have permanent spots (red irritations plus dark ones - broken hairs?) plus increasing amounts of ingrown hair. So it’s ended up not really useful to me. Did seem to interrupt hair cycle though - not all hair growing back at once…

I had epilated (almost daily) my legs for at least six months, back to shaving for a few weeks now - but desperately looking for an alternative. Found this forum looking at laser treatments - but not sure if I’m that game. Will try some of the home remedies like the salt recipe and soy milk, and if I find Tend skin before actually contacting places with the lethal technology.

Has anyone discovered a purpose for body hair yet (other than the trapping of sweat)? Could there be a reason to convince me to not look for more permanent removal?

And how long should I expect to wait to get a password to enter the adult forum? Hours, days or weeks? Impatient - want all the info at once! Thanks for the great forum - starting to feel like I’m not the only hairy freak in the world - since none of my friends express any problems, and I’m the hairiest one out of us…

I combine rotary epilators with shaving on my legs. I’ll epilate every 2 to 4 weeks, then shave in between. I agree that epilators are probably too time consuming, since it takes me about an hour to do both legs when I sit down to do them.

The redness and ingrowns are also a problem for many. There are some great tips here, but some people get discoloration around the hair follicles from epilating, especially if they go out in the sun.

The Mature Forum mail is being handled by my assistant while I am offsite. You should get an answer in a couple of days in most cases. If you want it faster, you can probably get it by placing a request with your email on the forums. One of our helpful readers may send it to you.