Gillette Fusion

Looks like they’re making way for the new five-bladed Fusion. I was at Meijer’s discount store yesterday. Where some of the Mach3 and Venus razors used to be, there were some blank spaces with signs saying “Coming Soon.” Then they had some cards with a pictures of the Fusion on them. So it shouldn’t be too long now.

Wal Mart usually gets these things first but I haven’t been there in a few days.

RJC2001

Hi RJC

Sounds interesting. If you buy one let me know if it works better than a three bladed system. I would be interested to know how many blades are actually optimum.

Regards
Stuart

Where some of the Mach3 and Venus razors used to be…

Here, most all stores have the Venus Vibrance and Mach 3 cartridges behind the counter or under lock. Wal-mart, Save-on’s/Osco, Long’s/ Wal-greens, all have them removed from the shelf. Here the cost of a four pack is about twelve dollars. I myself think the whole thing is silly. I bought fifteen four packs on ebay at $4.00 each. Considering my last cartridge lasted me eight great shaves, I don’t plan on buying any other shaving device anytime soon. However, I do want to try out that aqua blue/green non-vibrating Venus shaver. I like the big round thing at the handle’s end. It seems it would be easy to grasp and move around quickly. When I grab the Venus Vibrance by the end ball, I can feel it flex at the joint part. I think water will eventually leak into it as it stresses the joint.

As for the Fusion, I wonder if they will make the head kind of large the way the Venus is, so it’ll align with the skin’s surface angle better. Also, how much are heads going to cost? I can’t imagine them costing less than fifteen dollars for four cartridges. They’ll probably give an extremely smooth shave, with more skin cell exfoliation than any other razor. I just wouldn’t want to nick myself with one. That could catch some serious skin.

With each new razor, we seem to get accustomed to higher and higher prices, like gasoline. But the improving products yield better, more convenient results. I thoroughly love the Vibrance. Using a better razor makes the whole process quicker, nick-free, and less of an arduous task.

I haven’t even tried the Quattro Power yet LOL!

From the pictures, it appears the Fusion has a larger head like the Vibrance.

I don’t remember all the exact prices posted on the shelves, but IIRC I think the 8 pack Fusion refill is going to be about $27.00! An M3 Power 8 pack costs about $18.00 at Walmart. They are not behind the counter there.

I noticed in Florida they had the Mach3 blades behind the counter. They must not trust the tourists.

One of Gillette’s claims is that with 5 blades being closer together, it will provide a more even shaving surface and therefore less irritation.

RJC2001

Teh Fusion and Fusion Power are supposed to hit the stores Thursday, Jan. 27!

RJC2001

I didn’t see the Fusion out today, but my local Wal Mart made a big deal out of the new Schick Power Quattro. So much so that Gillette lowered the price of the Gillette M3 Power four packs from $12.50 to $9.25 to stay competitive. I can live with that! They had a pretty big area set aside for the SchickPower Quattro. The ones in the orange package. I’m glad, Gillette needs some competition to keep their prices down.

They no longer sell the Envi Gel for Men in the green can. That stuff was at least as good as Edge or the Gillette Power Gel. Maybe it was a copyright thing? Wal Mart has had to remove other copyright infringement products in the past. That stuff was only .97 cents a can, sometimes on sale for .75 cents. Is it in Wal Marts anywhere else? Anyway, it’s yet another Wal Mart product I loved that disappeared on me, another was their blue bag Wal Mart brand version of Crunchy Cheetos for .99 cents! They were way better than normal Cheetos.

Mantaray

I bought a Fusion (Power) yesterday. It works great, and yes it is even better than the M3 Power. The blades are closer together so there is less pressure an chance of cutting oneself.

It does provide a closer and longer-lasting shave. It is not a major difference but it is definitely noticeable. It takes fewer passes to get a close shave also.

The handle is much better than the M3 Power, almost as good as the Venus. It has rubber inserts on the end of the handle and they do not get real slippery when it gets wet. The handle is less slippery than the Venus Vibrance when it gets wet. This should make it very good when shaving the arms and legs in the shower.

It is more expensive than the M3 Power ($14.95 for the handle and one blade) but the price will probably come down as it did for the M3 Power.

I highly recommend trying the Fusion.

RJC2001

The Albertson’s and the Sav-on’s near my house finally have stocked the Fusion. At Albertson’s Grocery store (not sure if they’re in the midwest or east, they’re out here along the coast) they had a little Fusion stand with them in neat little rows. They had ballons tied to the stands and a blinking light behind the stand. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such festivity for a razor. I felt like clapping for all the new little razors.

Mantaray

The Albertson’s and the Sav-on’s near my house finally have stocked the Fusion. At Albertson’s Grocery store (not sure if they’re in the midwest or east, they’re out here along the coast) they had a little Fusion stand with them in neat little rows. They had ballons tied to the stands and a blinking light behind the stand. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such festivity for a razor. I felt like clapping for all the new little razors.

Mantaray

I’m surprised it took so long for them to hit the market out there.

You definitely have to try the Fusion! My legs stay totally smooth for an extra day compared to the M3 Power. And after 2 days I still can’t see any hair!

RJC2001

Just picked up a Fusion at Target today for $8.99. All I can say is WOW! I didn’t think there could be such a difference from the M3, but it is unbelievable. I highly recommend picking up this razor. The commercials are no bullsh**.