Getting laser AFTER electrolysis

Hi there -

I’ve been using electrolysis to get rid of back and shoulder hair for a while now. It has worked well but there is still hair to do. The treatment however is so painful that I have given myself a long break and too expensive for me that realistically I just can’t afford to do it again for a while anyway.

I’ve been worried about paradoxical hair stimulation that’s why I went for electrolysis rather than LHR in the first place but having read a bit more I’m unsure how common this actually is?

What kind of risk factor is there for me stimulating more hair growth especially AFTER having electrolysis?

For context, I asked the electrolysis person to just kill the dark hairs and not the vellous ones as they weren’t important anyway.

Sorry forgot to add - I am fair-skinned with dark hair.

A nightmare that I too experienced (and I’m an electrologist). Finally, I found June Brennan (working with Dr. Ramelli in Long Beach, CA) and she removed all my back hair with (real) local anesthetic. I felt NOTHING! Indeed, there are electrologists who perform this vital asset and, if you’re lucky, you might find one in your area. NOT as “rare as hen’s teeth!”

1 Like