GentleLase vs. Lightsheer

Looking into facilities in NYC and these two appear to be the most popular lasers used. Any recommendations on one over the other or where to go?

Please read very carefully this site before you have treatment: ElectrolysisInformation.com

i dont know where that electrolysis DR is but in BC a laser treatment is WAY less than he quotes. im getting my underarms done for 99 per session, even if it take 6 or 10 sessions it wont be anywhere near the thousands he quotes.

Please read very carefully this site before you have treatment: ElectrolysisInformation.com

Lightsheer over Gentlelase, no contest! Gentlelase is old technology and it’s wavelength does not penetrate as deeply into the follicle. Some do have succees with the Gentlelase, but I see more disappointed people having been treated with the Gentlelase than the Lightsheer. Lightsheer is better for medium dark skin too.

RJC2001

this is not necessarily true. for lightest skin, GentleLASE is the best out there because of short pulse (3ms). however, for skin types IV-V, LightSheer is better because it’s safer. please read the FAQs. in the end, the experience of the professional doing the treatment is what matters.

www.hairremovalforum.com/faq.cfm

I agree with lagirl.Lightsheer has a longer wave length.,and of course the person who is doing the treatments counts.Make sure that the maximum amount of joules(intensity) is used without damange to the epidermis. Usually when there is less hair the doctor will “up” the amount of joules

I’ve have both done and treated patients with both. (I’m Type IV)
LIGHTSHEER by a country mile! LOL :slight_smile: