GentleLASE joules

I went for my first treatment yesterday on my legs and bikini line. They used the genleLASE and used 10 joules. I have now learned that 10 joules is way too low for the gentleLASE. Does anyone know the truth? Have I been scammed? Should I ask for a free treatment and tell them what I want the joules set at. How do I make sure that they are really doing what I want them to. Can I also get a copy of my chart? Thanks for all the input.

GentleLASE settings should be 20+ joules on light skin and dark hair. Ask for a reshoot.

How do I go about asking for a reshoot. They are very stubborn there and would just beat around the bush on all my questions. I am a little nervous that they will turn me down. Then what do I so?

Talk to them about shedding. Ask if the hair is supposed to shed every time. They should say yes. Then you can show them that nothing has shed and you feel you wasted your money. Did you pay by credit card? You can threaten to dispute the charge if you did. Did you sign up for a package and paid for it in advance? Which clinic is this…a chain or private?

I paid with a check. It is in Omaha, NE. They are called Lovely Skin (lovelyskin.com). The PA did the treatment and she was the one who refused to answer my questions. I asked her what the normal setting was for the laser and she said it is different for every patient. Then I told her I know that the settings should be higher than 10 and they said that they always start with 10 joules.

Cycler, this clinic you went to is one of the dermatologist/day spa’s I consulted with prior to deciding on Esprit Laser and MedAesthetics in Omaha.

Skinsosoft/Dr.Schesslinger were by far the most expensive…sorry to say. I assumed you just paid for one visit, since I don’t believe they offer any kind of package deal. I don’t have any additional advice regarding getting money back etc. I would do as LAgirl suggested and demand a reshoot at higher settings.

The Espirit clinic I go to was very forthcoming with all information regarding settings.–most of which I do not recall, except I specifically asked her about the joulle settings.(34 joulles on face–fair skin, dark hair) The clinic I go to offers per session pricing and package deals. The per session was cheaper than any derms I consulted with. Plus, these are nice folks who run this place and are very professional.

I paid with a check. It is in Omaha, NE. They are called Lovely Skin (lovelyskin.com). The PA did the treatment and she was the one who refused to answer my questions. I asked her what the normal setting was for the laser and she said it is different for every patient. Then I told her I know that the settings should be higher than 10 and they said that they always start with 10 joules.

I would be really mad if they would not answer my questions! That is a bad sign. Tell them you want your money back and are contacting a lawyer! 10 Joules? No wonder laser has a bad reputation! James will have a field day with this one! It must be harder to find qualified laser techs than I thought.

RJC2001

Who’s James?

He’s an electrologist and a moderator on this forum.