Genital Electrolysis HELP!

Hi all…
I am male to female transgender person. This means I still have my male anatomy, but will be having surgery to change this. I’m having SRS early next year, and have had 2 laser clearings downstairs, but had my first electro session yesterday and… Wow! That hurt. I’ve already had full body laser for 2 years and electro on my face for 1 year, and I have a fairly high pain tolerance, but this hurt. No joke. Anyone else deal with this? Tips, tricks, help… Any/all appreciated.

My electrologist uses the Gentronics MC-160 epilator (analog model) and was using the blend method. I think she was using the same size (.0003) needles that she uses on my face. Should she use a bigger needle as the hairs are thicker down there?

BTW: I have blond hair (yep, a natural blond) so, laser will only help me so much down there.

Thanks.

Almost all of my clients doing electrolysis down under are using numbing with EMLA, which usually only leads to partial numbing. But anyway, some reduction of pain is better than none, isn’t it?

Quite remarkably, those clients where i did preparation for SRS did not use any numbing at all (penis shaft and a small central area of the forthcoming labiae). It appeared painful for them but they could stand the pain surprisingly well. Which should be easier than with blend since i am doing fast thermolysis, usually synchro in 0.3 s pulses which feels much more comfortable than blend with its massive increase of pain during those few seconds.

So if You can, ask Your electrologist to do flash or visit an owner of an Apilus Platinum.

A side remark: why do You epilate at all down there? I did not before having SRS, and i do not have any problems with hairs growing in wrong places. At least in the vagina the skin changes its properties and is becoming hair free most of the time.

I’ve essentially had all of my removal down there with electrolysis without any numbing. Its worse than laser, but its tolerable. The first few times are the worst. It gets better with each visit. Pretty soon you might look forward to it. I do. I’m dreading not having any hair to get zapped. Its addictive! :slight_smile:
I don’t consider myself as being into pain either.

[color:#006600]I’m not sure if this has been mentioned, and maybe it should be in a different part of the forum, but I’ll be general and sanitized:

I think when electrologists learn the craft, one of the first areas they should do is scrotum. I know, I know, but IMHO, this is why. Because of the thinness of the skin and the way the follicles are large and lay flat along the skins surface, it’s a gem to examine how the needle goes down and contacts the papilla, and kills it. You can actually see the hair structure so well, and the way the needle inserts, travels down the length of the follicle, touches, and destroys the papillae, that it’s a remarkable learning experience.

Me personally, I have not done that area. But I know when I get to it, it’ll be one of the highest kill-rates I’ll get. It’ll be cake. Only the discomfort prompts breaks.

I was thinking, for SRS, don’t they invert some parts to construct new parts? I would think they would want the skin on those parts to be hairfree before inverting(?). Maybe they surgically crape away the follicles once they have access to the undersides. I don’t know.

Mantaray[/color]

How are the results of each?

and I have a fairly high pain tolerance, but this hurt. No joke. Anyone else deal with this? Tips, tricks, help… Any/all appreciated.

My electrologist uses the Gentronics MC-160 epilator (analog model) and was using the blend method. I think she was using the same size (.0003) needles that she uses on my face. Should she use a bigger needle as the hairs are thicker down there?

Aside from a better machine, a better (and better-sized) needle, and a good technique making treatment more comfortable, you should try anesthetic creams (properly applied) along with oral analgesics.

BTW: I have blond hair (yep, a natural blond) so, laser will only help me so much down there.

Lasering blond hair?? :o

Better machine? That Gentronics model is solid and i’m quite sure with a little tinkering of the settings could probably out do most of these digital epilators :slight_smile:

And no, i don’t subscribe to the greater is better thought in terms of MHz in epilators. I’ve experienced the sensation of an Apilus and the pain threshold in aggregate is the same of a 13MHz model epilator… its a bit of a placebo effect that it delivers a faster pulse yet it’s the same amount of heat, to put it simply.

My suggestion to do flash electrolysis did simply regard pain - nothing else.
Most of the people including me find a short but sharp pulse easier to tolerate than the long signals of blend or slow thermolysis with its “increasing pain ramp”. And flash techniques are possible with simple blend machines, although this requires a significant amount of skill.

Despite of that, the scrotum is pretty hard to stretch, and the energy needed to release the hair reduces drastically if the skin is being stretched to perfect smoothness. Nothing for beginners.

Thanks for the replies everyone! :slight_smile:

My electro is pretty set in her ways… she’s been in practice for 38 years. I doubt I’ll change her mind much. She says blend will give me more permanent long-term results. I’ll ask though. The Emla cream (with plastic wrap topper) does little to nothing for me. I stopped using it on my face.

There are different techniques, but what I’m going with and the most common as I understand it, is called penile inversion. Without being too crude & graphic, the shaft of the penis is divided and a portion is removed, inverted (like turning a tube sock inside out) and re-attached, thus making a pocket. Some parts are shortened (like the urethra and glans) and moved to a new location. The doc will scrape the inside of the skin to remove follicles, but they say they may miss some, which could regrow hair, causing ingrown hairs or worse.

How are the results of each?[/quote]

I’ve had excellent results. I hardly have to shave anywhere at all anymore. Laser was most effective on my lower arms and legs.

I’m going to give them another shot. Thanks.

It’s darker in some area ;). My laser tech used some high settings on his Candella GentleLase (26kJ IIRC)… and it worked for the most part.