galvanic in NYC

Hello,
I just posted the following in the electroligist referral section, but I thought I might get more answers to my question about galvanic electrolysis here.
Forgive me if I am not adhereing to proper forum etiquette by reposting in a different section, but I have never done this before and don’t mind guidance!

Hi,
I’m a new member, but I have been looking through this website for about a month. Thanks to everyone for your valuable and informative insight, I can’t possibly tell you how much it has helped me out.
I have finally decided to get electrolysis after years of feeling totally hopeless about my hair situation. I was considering Fino Gior, but I live on the Upper West Side of Manhattan and Great Neck is too far from home! Also I would be more comfortable seeing a woman.
So my qestion is this: has anyone been to Barbara Leibowitz? How was the experience?
She practices galvanic- is scarring and long-lasting irritation (I have sensitive skin) less likely with this “tried and true” method?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated- or recommendations of other Manhattan electrologists from happy clients.
Thank you so much!

ps- thank you Andrea for creating this site, you are brilliant and I will be helping to “feed you kitties” as soon as I get my next paycheck.

Hey there! I also live on the UWS and am looking for an electrologist for my legs (very dark coarse hair on very fair skin- yipee!)
I actually have a good electrologist in NYC who I have been going to for my face for 2 years (I am asuuming that because the face is affected by hormones, i will need maintenace here for a long time).
She had also worked on my arms and stomach to my staisfaction.
She was reccomended to me by a friend whose face she cleared.

Possibly the best thing about her is her manner- very kind, patient, and never embarraces you if you want to clear and embarracing area.

I still go to her, but I am always looking around for someone who has had STELLAR results with someone else.
write back if you want her name and number!

I would love get the name and number of the electrologist you have been seeing for your face. Could you post it here or maybe in the electrologist referral forum? I tried to send a private message asking you for this information, but I wasn’t able to for some reason. Thank you!

Hi Franny- I also wish I knew how to send private e-mails on this website- but can’t figure it out.
I would be happy to give you my electrologist’s name- I actually just asked her for someone whose legs she did (since I wanted to talk to another one of her clients who went through the process) and this woman raved about her- she said that she had gone to a few different places and Maria did the quickest cleanest job.
Her name is Maria Vega and her # is 212-765-3214. Tell me how it goes! . . .

Dearest Franny and Nancy:

Yours is a common problem on the forum. When you registered, there were a bunch of questions about your pereferences. One of them asked about private messages. Since you chose at that time to choose "Don’t allow Privage messages. The new hairtell doesn’t allow people with this selection to send any messages or receive them. In the old days, people could always send private messages, and people like me would waste time crafting a reply, only to get an error message saying, “This user has elected not to receive privage messages.” The person would think that I was ignoring them, and I would have no way of answering their question without posting the reply for all the world to see.

Change your pereferences to allow private messages, and you will be able to send them as well.