Galvanic electrolysis

Hi, so I’m new to getting electrolysis and i just got 2 hours not long ago of galvanic electrolysis and my the lady who does it told me that galvanic can call the hair in any stage and i was wonder if that was true. She also said that the lye spreads to the other follicles aswell and she says that this method will work best for me but im having a hard time believing her ive tried to to alot of research but it feels like im being spun in circles and i just need answers. Im currently budgeting for 60hrs and i was wondering if thatd be enough to see a decent amount of progress i know this is a process and i expect it to take up to 200hrs but im just scared of wasting time and money and i just want to be better informed heres an example of what im dealing with and what shes cleard in those 2hrs this is only the side of my face she got a little more done then ehat is shown but yeah for more info i have pcos and i just need to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel

Any modality of electrolysis can kill any hair in any growth stage, not just galvanic. She is completely incorrect about lye spreading to other nearby follicles. The lye is created within the follicle and is confined to the follicle. It can bubble up and out, but it cannot travel between and treat another follicle. If it were true, galvanic would not take as long as it does to treat an area.

I suppose this amount of treatment is fine for two hours of galvanic, but you would be able to treat so, so much more hair with thermolysis in that same time. If it’s an option, you could consider trial treatments with other electrologists who use other modalities.

Having said that, if she has other client testimony and is able to quote and guarantee an upper limit for treatment, then you might appreciate the certainty around having that budgeted.

The last thing to consider is that you’ll most likely experience more hair growth with unchecked PCOS. You’ll need to speak with a doctor to get it under control, otherwise you may not see results as quickly as you’d like.

Right now im not currently on any medication for my pcos because ive heard stories of women who had to stop birth control or spironolactone for one reason or another and the hair growth got worse but I’ve been getting my hormones checked regularly and they seem to be doing good. Also my electroigist doesnt seem to want to tell me a upper limit which makes me feel nervous cause ive talked to others and they’ve said 18 months of treatment should be enough, im going to inform her of what you said about the lye not spreading. Thank you so much for your response i truly appreciate it, i have one more question though i was also informed that with galvanic there would be less regrowth compared to thermolysis if you wouldn’t mind could you let me know how you feel about that?

If electrolysis is being performed correctly by a skilled operator, then there should be almost no regrowth regardless of modality. None of the modalities are limited in effectiveness. It is purely a skill issue. The most important thing is to find someone who knows what they’re doing and can achieve results.

Regrowth is difficult to measure in any case. If a hair is removed unsuccessfully (plucked, for example), you wouldn’t see it regrow for many months, at which point you would need to monitor your skin extremely closely to even notice. I don’t believe most electrologists or clients have the tools and/or the patience to do this.

The key is that you should be seeing the hair progressively disappear. If you notice absolutely no difference at six months, nine months, twelve months and so on, that’s a good indication that your electrologist isn’t treating the hairs properly.

Is this multi needle galvanic or single needle galvanic? The amount of hair cleared sounds about right. Measuring efficacy of the provider’s work can be difficult, but there are some guidelines. In the first 4 months of regular treatments, you should start seeing changes/less hair in treatment area. Monitor True Regrowth which can be observed in UNSHAVEN areas only. True regrowth occurs in treated areas 1-2 weeks after treatments, they show up as blunt shaved hairs. Another form of true regrowth is ingrown and embedded hairs but those are rare with skilled electrologists.

Ok so i think i was mistaken it seems like she was doing the blend method because the amount of time she kept the probe was anywhere between 5 to 7 seconds and i read that galvanic is much longer, im going to test to see if shes plucking the hairs by avoiding shaving the areas shes worked on and ill wait the 1 to 2 weeks to see how it grows back in the mean time I’m going to test another electrologist by getting one side of my chin hair done with blend and the other with thermolysis and measure the amount of growth between the spots I’ve had done to see which modality works best for me and if more hair grows back with the new electrologist using the blend method then the one im currently seeing i think that will help me prove if the hair is being plucked or not. I would love to hear your opinion on this and weather you think that this will be an effective way to help me tell if my hair is being plucked or not.