FULL Brazilian laser and lasering tiny blonde hairs- question for those who have completed treatment

I just had my third complete Brazilian laser session, which included inside the butt (I apologize for the graphics lol). My behind was not hairy but I decided to do it anyway since it was included in the price. I am skin type II or III - European-Jewish with very fair skin but black hair and brown eyes and I am not sure which exact skin category I fall under.

So I did NOT have any visible hair in the back to start with -the hairs that are there are tiny and blonde and the ones that are “inside” are longer but also light (again, I apologize). Like I said, I decided to do that part anyway since it was included in the price. However, I just read that lasering light “vellus” hairs can actually stimulate hair growth, and that it can take up to a year for this side-effect to show. Now I am really nervous. Of course for my future sessions, I will ask to leave the butt out, but I am worried that some damage has already occurred. The laser definitely touched areas that did not have visible hair.

I am wondering if anyone had a similar experience (i.e. fine, light hairs being lasered multiple times) and what the outcomes were. I know it can take up to a year for me to find out but I am really anxious to know how likely I am to develop “paradoxical hypertrichosis” because of this.

Thank you in advance!

Paradoxical hypertrichosis has a low incidence, ranging from 0.6% to 10%, and most commonly occurs on the face and neck.

I always wonder about statistics, i.e., who is collecting the data and, are all people who experienced this event reporting … and to whom? Even the range stated is an astronomical difference between 0.6% to 10% … Indeed, 10% would be a staggering amount of clients.

A friend’s father is a professional statistician and always says, with a smile, that statistics can easily be manipulated to illustrate a point. I think we can all relate to how “the polls” are something we need to take “with a grain of salt.” Ever since Dewey lost to Truman, and Hillary lost to Trump, well … there it is.