Frustrated with first laser hair treatment

I just had my first laser hair treatment about 3 weeks ago on my forearms and underarms using Gentle-NDYag(long pulsed) laser. Not sure of the spelling :confused: I saw some nice results with my underarms, but very dissapointed with my forearms. Most of the hairs have come back and are not falling out. I know that it may take awhileā€¦ though I am getting a bit impatient with it.

Iā€™ve heard that LightSheer works better than the coolglide laser, and Iā€™m considering going with another laser clinic that offers LightSheer Diode laser for my forearms. But my main concern is whether my skin color/ hair color is compatible with lightSheer? The last thing I want is skin discoloration.

I am asian and have fine black hair on my forearms. My skin tone is on the light side to the middle of type IV I think. I tan easily, but I can definately get sunburned. Any advice on best type of laser for my arm hair?

Thanks for replying :smile:

I have had very good results with the Lightsheer and the Aurora. At this point I think I have had better results with the Aurora on my arms. I have had less regrowth on my upper arms and more hair reduction on my forearms after just one Aurora treatment there. The ā€œtombstonesā€ take longer to work their way out after Aurora treatments. Thatā€™s why it was hard to say at first how it compared to the Lightsheer.

Normally I use an electric to shave the stray hairs that I have left. I used a blade twice and it has helped to loosen the tombstones and they are now falling out. I am very happy with the results.

There has also been less scabbing with the Aurora. However, I do not consider the scabbing I had with the Lightsheer to be a major problem. I was reluctant to get my forearms, which are relatively dark, treated with the Lighsheer because I usually wear short sleeved shirts and I didnā€™t want to prominently display scabs. Since the Aurora left virtually no scabs on my chest and back I decided to have my forearms done too. If I had the time I would have had my legs done too but tanning season is here now.

RJC2001