Frustrated Don’t Know What To Do

I have a friend and we are ‘helping each other out’. She is a great seamstress and I pretty much have all my nieces, nephews and sister’s xmas presents sorted out :wink:

2 Likes

The same thing was happening with me and what I’ve learned from MY EXPERIENCE is the galvanic is more capable of treating hairs that might be coming back (assuming your regrowth is the same hairs that were previously treated and not new hairs that may have been dormant.

It’s been a battle and even on here, everyone is quick to dismiss t
Possibility that galavanic might be better for some people. It does take longer per hair but I’m telling you that if done right the hairs do not grow back not even once. I was getting blend and being told it’s normal for the hair to come back thinner and thinner.

My feeling is : electrolysis takes a lot of time reguardless if the modality so I feel it’s a better option to opt for the modality which is most likely to destroy the hair the first time

It’s very one sided on here and I don’t understand everyone’s hostility towards someone wanting galvanic. I’m not saying thermolysis or blend doesn’t work. But for me it was not destroying the hair and people on here could say it was the electrologists who didn’t use the modality correctly, but I don’t want to risk it again.

Galvanic has been around the longest and it is true electrolysis. It also continues working even after the needle has left the skin.
From what I understand it’s even less likely to scar and cause hyperpigmentation

1 Like

I’ve NEVER seen any “hostility” on this forum or anywhere else on the internet regarding galvanic electrolysis. I have seen quite a bit of hostility toward flash-thermolysis, not so much here, but on the internet in general. I offered computerized multiple-needle galvanic in my practice for over 15 years and was trained by the best - Kay Lasker, who resurrected MNG treatment from the dead in the early 1980s. Galvanic current is no less prone to scarring and hyperpigmentation than other modalities. The nape of my neck still has visible scarring from galvanic overtreatment that occurred in 1980. It’s not really an issue anymore. At age 65, I’m not as concerned about my appearance, but when I was younger, it bothered me and I tried to hide it. If a company decided to manufacture a new MNG machine, I would probably buy it for the few clients that wanted galvanic treatment. I do a lot of large cases, so galvanic would never be the core of my practice. I need speed and with sufficient energy and insulated probes, I can kill hair just as effectively with flash thermolysis and cover more ground. A previous poster mentioned that a new MNG machine might appear next year. I hope they keep us updated.

1 Like