Fresh electrologist

Hello everyone
About a month ago I opened my clinic in Israel
I’m actually a pastry chef and a graphic designer :slight_smile: After successfully undergoing epilation treatments that eliminated my facial hair, I decided that I really wanted to do this myself and started studying.
Right now I don’t charge money for hair removal until I’m sure I’m doing it right, and I’m in the process of intensive learning, reading everything possible, watching everything possible and of course treating (for free) so far with great success.
I have the apilus xcell pro and I purchased magnifying glasses, in my opinion accuracy is the most critical component of a good epilator, therefore I invested a considerable amount in the best equipment.
Of course, experience and technique are equaly important.

i have some questions about the apilus xcell pro: for example when I work on a chin in Synchro (hard and thick hairs that have been plucked for years) sometimes I need 4 zaps until the hair comes loose. I usally work in about 5 intensity and use Pro Tech insulated probes.
I would appreciate tips on which modules to use for which hair. For example, I read here the tip about Synchro 1 with a 2 probe for peach fuzz and thin hair and it works great.

I understand that I am afraid of causing my clients unnecessary pain and that I may be working at too low intensities.
I tried to find tips for Apilus xcell Pro, But it’s hard for me to find concrete tips and the information is scattered in all kinds of posts. the guidance given to me by dectro was good but in my opinion there is a lot to learn from the experience of others.

I personally experienced a failed electrolysis treatment, for a whole year without results, until I met an epilator who changed my life and made me want to change my profession.
And I will be forever grateful to her.

Glad to be here
michal

I have concerns that your inexperience is causing some problems. You in your own post nailed it right on the head. Accuracy is the most important, and NEVER is this than when you are working in high intensity such as Synchro provides.

If Synchro is not loosening the hair ( likely in a single pulse) then there are three possibilities:
1 If using an insulated probe ( which Synchro requires) you are not lining up properly with the bottom of the follicle., therefore the energy is being ooutput, but not in the correct position to affect the follicle root.
2 Your intensity is insufficient for the hair . It’s possible you are using synchro 2, 3 or 4, on hairs that are likely require a intensity of 7 or perhaps higher
3) there is a defect in your equipment, either brought on by poorly manufactured ( ahem Protec!) 2 piece probes, or by a potential short in your needle cord. Both of these issues will cause your current to be inconsistently delivered to the follicle…

Here’s a test you can do. Get yourself a cheap ( expired is fin!) steak and bring it up to room temperature Poke a couple holes with a pin for good measure and make tsure the meat is at room temperature. . Do your 4 synchro pulses in a few spots on the meat., at varying depths. Do this a few times in different places. Now, grab a sharp knife and start dissecting that meat and have a look at the energy patterns. You should realize that what you are seeing on the meat, is what is happening to the face of your client. Now if you DONTsee any cooking of the meat appropriate to your chosen energy level, it’s time to start looking at your equipment used. I recommend ALWAYS using a newer probeholder, and I recommend on general 1 piece electrolysis probes, as they conduct current better than their 2 piece cousins generally.

The next thing to look at is depth of insertion. Since your probe MUST be alighed with the follicle you want to perform a depth guide by treating a hair, grasping the hair right next tot he skin with the tweezers, then comparing under magnification the length of the hair to the root bulb in comparison to the probe. This tells you exactly how deep to insert to align perfectly, on all similar hairs in the same area.

Hope this helps.

I think this is the reason, because when I work on other areas that require lower heat, the hair comes loose easily, literally flies out.
I don’t think I have a problem with the angle and the entrance to the follicle (maybe a little with the depth), after all I’m new in the field and need more experience.
I will try your tip about the depth test.
In dectro training I was told that the energy level for deep hard hair is about 300 EL. Thick, plucked chin hair doesn’t really come loose at these levels (Maybe after 2 or 3 zaps) And I never dared to go above 6.