four cycles

ok…
Im going to post my entire story in one thread when its over… but for now…

Ive had four laser treatments on most of my body…exept arms and face…
The regrowth after each of the first three was almost back to what i originally had… but now… after the fourth one… there is a dramatic improvement i think…
just wondering… if this means that the first four treatments hit all four growth cycles…? and… if i have a fifth treatment and stop there… will that make my hair grow less only on certain cycles … or should i have another four treatments to hit all four cycles again?

i probably didnt explain that too well… ask if you didnt undrerstand it…

you should have a treatment every time a bunch of hair that comes back. so if it does after your 5th treatment, you need more treatments. i would suggest increasing the power with each treatment as well.

but what im saying is… that the hair you see you have to times by four to guage how much lies beneath… so by hitting only one of the four cycles would this be a waist of time and money… or less effective at least…?

Any successful, well done treatment is going to at least thin you out. But the thing is, the thinning isn’t really apparent for awhile. The other dormant hairs sprout up following the treatment, so the results of killed follicals aren’t really apparent at first. It’s later on, when those same treated and killed hairs have their turn to get active again, and they aren’t present to do so, that you see the thinning. What you’re experiencing seems to be the status quo; real results after four treatments. It seems four treatments tends to cover the majority of hair cycles. As for what you see as a representative of a fraction of what you really have to get rid of, yes, that’s the idea and has some truth. If you shave, dormant hairs aren’t going to grow back as fast as active, so you see just a fraction of what’s to be dealt with. You see this really clearly when you use an epilator for years. I would pluck out lots of hairs every week, I mean, to think that they were all new batches of hairs coming up every week, it’s scary. It’s amazing how much hair the skin can hold in it’s dormant phases and produce.

Note: I understand what you mean, but it’s misleading to call it regrowth, they are dormant hairs getting into their cycles. Once a follical is dead, it’s dead.

ok so…

if i were to have 5 treatments, or lets just say to make it less complex… if i were to have one treatment and hit only one grawth cycle… does that mean that after a few years, every time that one cycle comes round, my hair will be thinner, and then for the next three it willl be normal… and then the next fourth it will be thinner again… etcetra…etc??

ok so…

if i were to have 5 treatments, or lets just say to make it less complex… if i were to have one treatment and hit only one grawth cycle… does that mean that after a few years, every time that one cycle comes round, my hair will be thinner, and then for the next three it willl be normal… and then the next fourth it will be thinner again… etcetra…etc??

Yes, at least in theory. If you are going with laser and are seeing results after four treatments, I would go to at least 8 treatments.

Growth cycles vary by body part. 6-8 weeks for chest and back, 8-12 weeks for the legs.

RJC2001