For Sale: Fisher SE4 Blend, great for student!

This ad is on craiglist:
http://detroit.craigslist.org/ele/1058460450.html

Hair Removal, Fisher SE4 Blend Electrolysis Machine - $400 (Rochester, MI)
Up for sale:
Fisher Blend SE4, bought the machine when my kids were young (late 80’s) But, it is a great machine, and I am hoping to pass along to a student or alike.
I’d guess about 1000-1500 hours on the machine. These machines were the best in there time, and it was gently used, as I only did hair removal at home.
Fisher also has a great reputation, so it is rather hard to find these babies! Everything you see in the photos you will recieve. The only part that may need replacing soon would be the probe holder (starting to wear a bit)
Thanks and please email if you have any questions.

So, is this too much for an older machine that still has potential? I noted that many people viewed, but there are no replies or posts? Please advise me (as you all seem to be pro’s), as I have not a clue what to sell it for, or if I should even bother?
I just feel bad, as it has been sitting in a box and I have refused in the past to toss it in the garbage!
Thanks all!
Amber

That is actually a cheap price for that machine. I would never expect to buy this for less than $500 except for someone who doesn’t know the value of it. In general, one would pay $500 to $1300 for this model.

Just make sure that you get Mike Bono’s The Blend Method book and real all about how to use this machine. Any service you need can be performed by Texas Electrolysis Supply, they can also supply you with probes and pre and post treatment supplies.

Thank you Tom,
Do you recommend any other sites (other than hairtell) to post for sale goods? I am not too internet savvy, and I don’t want to go the ebay route! Many Thanks, Amber

I meant James! LOL!

Are you asking where to look for people selling, or are you selling and looking for people buying?

As for getting my name wrong, no worries. Just don’t call me “Late For Dinner.” :grin:

James,
I am selling it, but I don’t want to go the ebay route because there is so much involved there. I was wondering if anyone knew of a site for used equipment?
And, I didn’t know what the proper sale price should be, as I can’t seem to find any Fishers for sale on ebay either…

Prestige Electrolysis Supply has a Used Equipment page (if they still support new ads) The American Electrolysis Association has listings for used items, but I don’t know if they are enlightened enough to allow a non-member to buy a listing that would market desireable used equipment to their members.

Craig’s List and Ioffer.com are probably the lest expensive routes.

Thank you very much, I appreciate your advice!
I will do some more research and see what happens…

There is a Fischer SE-2 on eBay right now
http://cgi.ebay.com/FISCHER-SE-2-SOLID-STATE-EPILATOR-ELECTROLYSIS_W0QQitemZ350094680839

Make sure you search for “Fischer electrolysis” or similar. The person in the Craigslist ad spelled “Fischer” wrong. It sounds nitpicky, but that is how sellers can lose big money (and creative folks like me can pick up a great deal, I picked up a later model Instantron with a poor title for $20 a few months ago because I knew what to search for.)

Do you still have the Fischer SE4 for sale? If so, what are you asking now?