follicle darkening cream?

Hello all,

Does anyone know where I can find some of that cream that is purported (but not proven) to darken the follicles when rubbed into the skin, thus making LHR more effective? I would like to try it.

Thanx.

Melissa

Really?? I didn’t know there was such a product. What is the name of it? How does it work?

Well I found out it’s called meladine. You can find out more at the site http://www.meladine.com/

Unfortunately it’s expensive ($50 a bottle) and your LHR operator has to order it for you. However, if you email Rachel (her email address is on the website) she’ll email you a list of LHR operators in your area that already have meladine.

I haven’t tried it yet, but if I do I’ll let you all know how it goes.

Thanks! I would have ordered it today but they seem to only deliver to clinics, as you say. Odd, no? There aren’t any dangerous ingredients in there. What’s their point??

Ingredients:
Water, glycerol, melanin, natural soy lecithin, 2-phenoxyethanol 0.55% as a preserving agent.

As their web site mentions, you need to apply it twice a day for 4-6 weeks (coarse white/grey hair).

Practitioners who tried meladine reported mixed results. Earlier attempts with chromophores like Meladine were not very successful.

Hello again everyone,

Well I just wanted to post an update. For two weeks I applied the meladine according to the instructions (although I didn’t shave every single day in order to avoid razor burn) to my upper chest, where I have the lightest, finest brown hairs. And then the other day I went in and had the area lasered with the GentleLase Plus at 15 mm, 30 joules. So far it looks like it saw a lot, since I have a lot of perifolicular edema (red bumps). Since I only had a limited amount of the expensive meladine, I had to skip spraying some parts of my abdomen that have very fine hairs as well…so I guess by comparing that area with my upper chest I will be able to see if the meladine made any difference…I know it’s not a very scientific experiment, but anyway I will get back to you all in a month or two (or sooner, if the results are bad) to let you know about hair regrowth.

I;m anxious to hear about your results with the meladine. Please post an update. :smile:

Hi all,

Well I don’t feel the meladine really helped at all. The hair is coming back pretty much exactly the same, only slower (due to the drug I’m on–Spironolactone). It’s possible that further laser treatments with the meladine could lead to better results, but my patience is up with laser especially since summer is here, and i’m moving on to electrolysis. For anyone who tries meladine, I wish you better luck. ( :