fixing damage

Hello. I have had 170 hours of facial electrolysis (mostly thermolysis), the bulk of which were done at a well-respected clinic which uses 2 operators and injected anaesthetic. I now have some fine lines in my upper and lower lips, and I am interested in finding out about possible remedies, such as laser skin resurfacing or dermabrasion. The clinic did say that my skin may improve on its own over time (I’m just finishing up; I may have to get an hour here and there over the next year for touch-up), but I am somewhat skeptical. Any insight would be very much appreciated.

Steven

? that’s around 10,000 dollars ya??lol

170hours

I think something went terribly bad. 170 hours of thermolysis?

[ January 13, 2003, 06:16 AM: Message edited by: tiny ]

My question would be, are you a smoker?

Thank you for replying. No, I am not a smoker; I have a healthy diet, am of normal weight, and I exercise regularly.

To the best of my knowledge, 170 hours of electrolysis is not unusually high for male beard removal.

You would be correct that the amount of time spent in beard removal is not as astonishingly high, no matter what some people would like to say. Unless one has seen a 500 hair per square inch beard, one can not say what is involved in the average beard removal job.

I only asked about smoking because it tends to negatively effect the elasticity of the skin, and brings on wrinkles and gray hairs. Makes one wonder why so many girls deliberately start smoking as a weight control device, when it also brings on “smoker’s sag face” as well.

Most actual electrology side effects go away in 3 months to 3 years. The average thing is gone in 3 months or less however.

Hi Steven–

Fine creases can be a sign of overtreatment, especially around the mouth.

Some people are able to get a decent improvement from fairly mild “lunch peels” at the dermatologist (I did a few of these). Micordermabrasion is also a milder treatment with minimal long-term results.

Laser skin resurfacing is a different level of remedy. This is a serious procedure with a lot of recovery. I suggest reading Lynn Conway’s site for more on the procedure (she had it done).