Fischer Model SE-4

Hello All,

I know someone posted on this topic a few years ago, but I am looking for updated info. My mother passed away 2 years ago and left me her Fisher Model SE-4. She bought it in the late 80’s after completing electrolysis school. Being an electrolysis was her backup career, since she thought she was going to be laid off from GM. She was never laid off and her machine was used very very little. I would estimate 50 hours max. I have taken it to a local electrolysis and the machine still works. What I know about SE-4s: parts are rather limited, but they are generally easy to fix if needed, and that this era of machines don’t depreciate and then I have read that they do. I am looking to sell it. How much would you sell an SE-4 with the above backstory? Thanks in advance for your time.

It’s all about parts … and if they are still available.

The SE-4 is an “old lady,” and parts might not be around any more. Check with Dr. Heimlich at Texas Electrolysis Supply to advise you on this.

I have given-up on so many machines over the years (no more parts) and some of them are in the Arizona Electrolysis Museum. I will be in the museum myself … pretty soon too. Probably “stuffed” or “pickled?” (My “parts” are wearing out as well!)

Flori I’m sorry to report, they do unfortunately lose their value. This is because people buy newer machines for their practises in order to give the best treatment possible. I’ve seen machines like your Fisher scientific sell on kijiji for anywhere beteen $150 and $400 but usually not more than that. The last kijiji ad I saw for an SE4 stayed on the site for months here in ontario, and was only priced at $140. So the demand, isnt really there.

What you may consider however, is offering the machine for sale here. While not useful in a professional practise much anymore due to it’s age, they are very helpful for DIY’ers and beginners and we often get people wanting to attempt DIY here that cant find descent machines in their area.
Ebay is a total crap shoot as to final value from it, but that is another option. I wouldnt expect to get more than what I stated for it though.

Seana

Thank you!

Maybe I’ll hold on to it and it will become an artifact :wink:

well like I said a DIY’er here would very likely love to have it, but as a useable machine in a professional practise, it’s a little past it’s prime.

Hi! do you still have this machine? The Fischer SE 4? I am interested in purchasing it.