First time body LHR

Hi everyone! I am planning on embarking on a full body LHR journey soon so I thought I’d join HairTell as I have a few questions about the process. I am a 23 year old Middle Eastern female with skin type IV (albeit very light) and black hair. I’ll attach some snaps of my lower leg, thigh and arm hair for an idea (btw hair growth at the moment is a bit patchy but it usually is much denser).

So, at the moment I have narrowed my choices down to two clinics. One uses the Soprano ICE Platinum laser which combines Alexandrite, Diode and YAG and the other has both the Cynosure Elite MPX and Candela Gentlemax Pro (which combine Alex/YAG). I have a patch test with the second tomorrow and the first on Tuesday, however I want to ask about settings and which ones would be ideal for my skin/hair on these machines if anyone knows. I know that a big problem is clinics using settings that are too low so I definitely don’t want this to be the case for me. Photos are down below. I’d be grateful if anyone could give some advice :slight_smile:

hi
i believe GentleMax is the best option
consult your dermatologist first, i think you can do a full body treatment if there is no hormonal issue

regarding the setting, use the highest setting that you can tolerate
a lot of members here suggesting setting higher than 20 J\cm2 for Alex which is impossible for me
( i have sensitive skin and i will get hyperpigmentation if i go higher than 10 !! which they considered very very low here ) i have same skin type as yours and im also from middle east

Hyperpigment is sometime unavoidable, especially for Fitzpatrick’s skin Type III and darker. If you want the most ultimate reduction result, your follicle need to be inflammed. LESS inflamed follicles post laser LESS results. If u go easy settings, u will get less ULTIMATE reduction results. It’s your choice.

Laser will not be so effective once hair become lighter because it only works for dark & dense pigments/colours

Either suffering temporary hyperpigment but permanent result for more reduction, or
no pain, no gain, no skin inflammation and end up with sparse hair or less reduction results that no longer response to laser treatments or end up with hypertrichosis

Thanks guys. I’ve decided to go for the clinic offering the Soprano Ice Platinum as it is a great machine and good fit for my skin. Also, this is my leg a few weeks after the patch test. Signs of great things to come? :thinking::joy: