Finer facial hair

Hi,
I had an ovary removed along with a tumour about four years ago and noticed an increase in hair growth on my face especially the sides and cheeks - this could also have been due to my age as I’m now 36. I started waxing thinking that the hairs would look less noticeable but they got worse so I’ve now been for three 30 minute electrolysis sessions and plan to go once a week having already booked four more sessions in advance as I’m determined to get rid of this hair and get my life back!

The hair is not thick like a mans beard, its still quite fine but I have to trim them because they grow really long and the coverage is very dense. I’ve hardly noticed any difference to the hair on the sides (cos there’s so many) although I have noticed that the darker hairs on my upper lip have nearly gone - which is lovely and don’t get me wrong I’m really happy about it. Trouble is that its the hairs on the sides of my face that are really getting me down. I could always manage my little moustache (one wax strip and it was gone).

I don’t like going outside in the sunshine because I have this halo of hair around my face! I always notice the look on a persons face when they notice it and cringe!

Will the electrolysis work on these fine hairs? Will they dissappear eventually? Some of the hairs are thick, blonde and a bit wirey but I think from what I’ve been reading that these will get broken down and grow back thinner. She is tackling the more noticeable ones first which is probably why I’m now so aware of the finer ones that are left. I don’t mind having some facial hair as long as they’re short and very fine - like normal! If they grow back, will they at least be shorter?

(I know I should probably ask my beautician - but time is money and when I get there I’m so eager for her to get started on the zapping!)

They won’t grow back shorter. But they will definitely get thinner then stop growing in altogether. If you’ve only had three sessions, you haven’t reached your first full clearance yet. Hang in there, you’ll get there soon. Then you’ll never again have to worry about hair on your cheeks. Once you’ve reached full clearance, your subsequent visits will be about maintaining that great hairfree look.

In the meantime, you can go ahead and trim those long hairs if you like, to make them less noticeable.

Thank you so much for replying. I can’t believe how much stress this has been causing me. Its really good to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Now that the little bumps have gone down a bit, I’m starting to notice that there are in fact less hairs on my cheeks! I also think that my skin looks better - perhaps its just because I’ve started smiling again!

This web site has been fantastic - I visit it every day now and will keep you all posted on my progress.