Fine hairs vs. thick hairs?

After my first two treatments, I’m noticing that thicker hairs (at bikini & armpits) are nearly completely gone while finer hairs (thighs & knee) are still very much there.

All of the hair is pretty much dark brown (some is just much finer than others), so my question is…do fine brown hairs not attract the laser as well as thick brown hairs?

I am not an expert, and I am sure you will get your question answered by much more knowledgeable people. But from what I have learned on this board, the coarser and the darker the hair the better it responds to laser treatment. The hair attracts light and delivers it to the root to kill the follicle, that is why you should not tweeze or wax area that are treated with laser. The follicle itself does not attract light, and if not for the hair root in there, the light would just go through the follicle, not damaging it. The darker and coarser hairs can deliver more light to the follicle, then the lighter and finer hairs. Your results are very typical. Some people rid of the darker hairs with laser, and what is left treat with electrolysis.

Hope I was able to help you some what.

Take care, polki.

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by the Q-str:
<strong>After my first two treatments, I’m noticing that thicker hairs (at bikini & armpits) are nearly completely gone while finer hairs (thighs & knee) are still very much there.

All of the hair is pretty much dark brown (some is just much finer than others), so my question is…do fine brown hairs not attract the laser as well as thick brown hairs?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>The finer brown hairs will attract the laser, but your technician should lower the spot size (as the hairs are now more shallow) and increase the fluence.