female facial peach fuzz

Hi, I have facial peach fuzz, which is noticable in certain light conditions, it only really bothers me on my chin, does anybody have any good ways of removing without making them worse, i have seen a cosmetic groomer that is designed to trim them, is this a good idea? I am a bit unsure because i have read that triming hairs can make the density worse, also if you stop triming hairs will they go back as before? any advice please,

Dee.

Trimming will not make the density worse, but if they are cut too short, it can make them feel more coarse. The shorter the hair, the more coarse the stubble feels.

You might try carefully trimming them with scissors if they are long and see if you like the look and feel. If you do, you can buy a trimmer with an adjustable setting so you can do it more quickly and evenly.

If they feel too coarse at the length you prefer, you can pluck them, or you might consider getting electrolysis to thin them out. Some women have had luck with Vaniqa on that area, but it only works for about half the women who try it.

Please note that as you get older, you will probably see more hair and thicker hair in the area you see them now. This is a natural part of growing older that happens to millions of women.

[ June 19, 2002, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: Andrea ]

Thanks for the advice Andrea,

Can you advise me, if i decide to trim them what trimmers do you recommend, i have seen the panasonic cosmetic groomer advertised, also if i stop trimming and let them grow as before will they return back as before, i understand that trimming brings all your hairs into the growing stage so i want to know if you stop trimming will the hairs go back into previous growth cycles or does it permanently alter the growth cycles, hench why i ask if it increases the density. Also with them being very fine vellus hairs, how often will i need to trim, how quick do these type of hairs grow? sorry to ask so many questions but because you cant see my hairs other than when in bright light or outside i really want to do my research. Its a bit like catch 22 they are not that bad but i would like to do something about them withou making them worse,

I also did try vaniqa, but because i dont remove any hairs i was hoping that it would reduce the length, i used it for 3 months and i think it was working slowly, but i seemed to be getting an increased amount of acne in the area so i decieded to stop, also i didnt really want to start using chemicals on my skin so thats why i thought about trying trimming.

keep up the good work, its a great website,

hope to hear from you,

Dee.

[ June 20, 2002, 03:41 AM: Message edited by: dee9437 ]

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by dee9437:
<strong>i understand that trimming brings all your hairs into the growing stage so i want to know if you stop trimming will the hairs go back into previous growth cycles or does it permanently alter the growth cycles, hench why i ask if it increases the density. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Trimming and shaving do not affect the growth rates of hairs at all. All it does is make them the same length. The growth cycles will stay the same whether you trim them or not. You will not make them worse, although they might beel a little more bristly if you cut them to short. They will still be the same thickness, though.

Panasonic makes some nice trimmers. For a good list from a good company (except that they sell hair inhibitor scams), check out this site:

Folica: Trimmers and clippers