Feeling Sad

Please, please, please, Fairygirl, reconsider medical intervention. Take your
daughter to an endocrinologist or family doctor–grab the earliest appointment
available.

In addition to her daily dose of humiliation, she’s probably feeling hopeless,
helpless and despondent.

She may even be contemplating suicide!!!
Take action!

The Dowager, thank you for your advice.

I have several times. They say it is too early to call it pcos and all blood tests are completely normal, which I am relieved about. Short of putting her on a birth control pill or using spiro they don’t have any other advice for us. I think she’s happy enough in herself. She’s a beautiful kind girl with many friends and we have a great relationship. I don’t think she’s having any dark thoughts, just sad and embarrassed about inconsiderate people’s comments.

Ok, bitten the bullet and going to see Sahar in Sydney with my daughter in a few weeks. Hoping to get a clearance on two areas and then hopefully our fabulous Auckland lady can keep up with the further growth as it appears.

The lengths we go to! Trying not to think of the cost involved for the three of us to go over for four days. Im a TERRIBLE flyer and so stressed especially taking my newly diagnosed little diabetic with us.
Argh!!! But if it helps with my daughter’s confidence then I think its money well spent.

Thanks for all your wonderful tips and help with this people!! Will let you know how we get on

It should go well, good luck to you.

Just be glad you’re not flying from (windy) Wellington. I’ve been in-and-out of that airport a few times and it’s horrifying! A virtual roller coaster ride. People applaud when they land the plane!

I know!!! It’s appalling. Apparently if you can land a plane in Wellington, you can land a plane anywhere. Those cross winds!! Yikes.

All the best with the treatment fairygirl, can’t wait to hear how it goes.

Keep us posted and hope it all goes well for your daughter.

Thanks MelB77. Will do. Im hoping to report back here that it went great! She’s very excited about the possibility of being moustache-less for a bit and hoping that the Apilus machine will be a lot faster/gentler on her than the older style machine our current lady uses. Im very nervous about it all and hoping theres no bad reaction considering we will be leaving almost immediately to come home - there for four days.

:slight_smile:

Good luck Fairygirl,

I hope this clinic uses surgical microscope to treat their clients.
The insertion is more precise and accurate so less pain and side effects.The machine is not so important, more important is the skill of the operator.

Dimi

Hi Fairygirl,

Please keep us updating after the marathon sessions

Ta,

Just curious, how many hours did you end up getting with Sahar?? Been trying to get marathon sessions for awhile now

Hi there. We haven’t gone yet. She’s going to work to my daughter’s tolerance level. But as we are there a few days we hoping to get in every day to do as much as we can. She’s very busy but we are going during a good time for her.