feel so bad

hi all, my name is selia and I’m a 19 year old girl. I have the worst hair problems ever ;; there is hair everywhere, especially on my face but pretty much everywhere. I have light skin but the hair is dark brown/black, so it stands out. I noticed it ages ago when I was about 11 and since then it’s just gotton worse and worse. I tried plucking/shaving/waxing/epilating but it always grew back, usually worse than before. School was torture, nobody said anything but I could tell by their faces they thought I looked weird, and I couldn’t handle it. I suffered terrible blows to my confidence which has impacted my entire life, seriously I can barely sustain the courage to go out in public anymore -- I don’t wear anything but long pants and long sleeved shirts anymore, even in summer. it’s so overwhelming that I’ve given up trying to do something about it. I don’t bother removing it anymore. But the thing is, recently my family pointed it out to me and said I should (it’s THAT bad) they suggested I go to a doctor and see if it’s hormonal, and maybe get laser. But it’s SO DAMN SCARY to face it, I don’t know what to do. I’m terrified of admitting this problem to anyone, even though it’s obvious it’s never ‘out in the open’ you know? sigh can anyone relate? I feel so trapped ;_; I just want to ignore it but can’t. please help

selia, there are many 19 year olds like yourself who struggle with unwanted hair issues and all the humiliation that comes with it. The first step is the hardest, but it sounds like you have a supportive family. If you imagine yourself in the future wearing any type of clothing you want and facing people with confidence, focusing on what they are saying and not on what they are thinking about you, then you have to start with a plan. You are so young and would enjoy smooth mostly hair-free skin for years and years to come.

Your first action should be a visit to your physician for a hormonal check. If there is anything occurring inside your body causing the unwanted hair, this needs to be identified and controlled. Whether you decide to use electrolysis or laser, you will be frustrated if something internally keeps stimulating new hairs to come in spite of your efforts to get rid of it . Mentally, you need to feel like you are making progress. Motivation needs to stay strong, as this is a long process if you truly have a lot of hair.

Do prioritize the areas you want treated first. Most importantly, do thorough research on laser and electrolysis starting here on hairtell and get several consultations with those sample treatments.

You don’t have to live like a trapped animal inside your long sleeved blouse and pants your whole life. Be stubborn and keep to a plan that will bring results.

Dee

Please don’t let the hair discourage you from having a life. there are things to be done- look around this site and you will find all kinds of women and men who have found help and really changed their appearences forever. Go see if your doctor can offer any explanation and if they cant then find a treatment regime that works for you and stick to it. You are lucky it sounds like you will have some marvelous support from your family. Posting here was the first step, now take the next one.
good luck
autumn