Feedback on first results

Hi, everyone.

Just got my One Touch, and I’m starting work on the chest, because my hair there is pretty sparse and easy to see.

In the first two hours, I worked my way up from a setting of 1 up to 10. I’m going 20 seconds at a time on 10, with no apparent ill effect. That seems odd to me. Is that unusual?

I get two results. About a third of the time, the hair comes out with the sheath around the root. I figure that’s a definite kill, as long as it’s in the growth phase.

The rest of the time, the hair pulls out easily, with no significant pain, and I can see the little twist of the root ball, but there’s no sheath around it. Assuming growth phase, is that a kill or not?

Thanks!

Grace

no, that would not be a kill.

Thank you, James.

Is the high number and long time something to worry about? I just tried a test hair on my face, and wow! What a difference. Lots more painful, and it’s hard to get the probe in. It slides in effortlessly on my chest. I tested three hairs on my face, and got one with sheath and two without sheath. Now I understand why people say it’s so painful. The chest work is barely painful at all.

I’ve gone over the tips on how to get a kill, but I’m finding it hard to see a pattern. I’m not sure what I do differently when I do and don’t get the sheath showing.

Grace

First off, you are not using a prfessional machine, so you can’t get professional resutls.

Second, your insertions are not likely to be all that great since you are working on yourself. The better the insertion, the less energy that is required to effect permanent hair removal. The worse the insertion technique, the more energy needed to effect permanent hair removal (and the more excess damage to neighboring tissue).

Much of your pain is just the bad insertion even before you turn on the current. It REALLY is better to have a partner and trade work on each other if one insists on doing this at home.

First off, you are not using a prfessional machine, so you can’t get professional resutls.

Yes, I know. I’m not asking for professional results. I’m just trying to do it (a) without injuring myself and after that (b) as efficiently as I can. I’m sure that the time will come for a professional, but I’m going to clear what I can, first.

Much of your pain is just the bad insertion even before you turn on the current. It REALLY is better to have a partner and trade work on each other if one insists on doing this at home.

I live in a remote rural area with two small children. Time with both spouses together is infrequent at best, and other partners just aren’t around. To get professional electrolysis done by someone who appears to have the requisite experience is a three-hour trip, one way. My options are pretty limited, but I’m saving for travel and professional electrolysis.

I’m not feeling any pain before I turn on the current. And almost none when I do, in the chest area. But the face was more sensitive.

Thank you for your advice. I’m taking it slow and easy, and I know there’s a learning curve.

Grace

I would really help if someone who loves you helped out here and did the insertions for you.

Good luck