Famous people who need laser hair removal:

I was curious as to why so many celebrities who try other cosmetic procedures refrain from laser hair removal. For example, Nicholas Cage (he had a hair transplant on his head, but does nothing about his copious body hair), Robin Williams, Andre Agassi (he waxes his body to get more speed and muscle tone, but why not laser it once and for all?), Alec Baldwin (apparently, his wife waxes his body for him) etc…

I am not into celebrity gossip, but I just can’t help noticing this hair stuff and reading up on my favorite hairy celebrities. It would be a lot easier to believe that laser works if we could see results on celebrities. A lot of them wax frequently, but none that I know have tried permanent hair removal since it would be obvious to see on them.

[ October 17, 2002, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: Kilimanjaro ]

How do you know who waxes and who doesn’t? Who waxes? Are they possibly getting laser and nobody knows it? You raise a good question though.

RJC2001

I know Agassi waxes/shaves for sure since it is well publicized + you will see him with chest/stomach hair at times and without in pictures from the US open etc… when he takes his shirt off. In fact it was a big deal the first time he waxed and gave him a lot of publicity. Sampras on the other hand never seems to wax and he does need it!

As for Baldwin, I have read it many times in different places as well as hair forums that his wife does it for him. If laser hair removal was permananent, I don’t see why some of these guys wouldn’t do it. Especially since waxing is so much more painful and required on a more regular basis.

[ October 15, 2002, 09:27 PM: Message edited by: Kilimanjaro ]

I myself wont be able to answer the question if laser is permanant or not until at least 6 months after my 13th treatment on my back. I will be getting my 10th treatment in mid november. First 8 were with the gentlelase, lousy results. Next 5 will be with the apogee 9300.It appears to be thinning out after each treatment some what but i have not waited more than 4 months between txs. I will post my results later next year, the mission continues.

RC rules, the Apogee should do a good job. I have heard better reports on it than on the Gentlelase. The Apogee has higher fluence settings available.

Those celebrities can certainly afford laser treatments, can’t they?

RJC2001

Funny you should mention. I saw VH1’s ‘Behind the Music’ on Jennifer Lopez a while back. The early pictures/footage of her showed have had laser done on it. She had a hairy, yet pretty face way back when.

Funny you should mention. I saw VH1’s ‘Behind the Music’ on Jennifer Lopez a while back. The early pictures/footage of her showed have had laser done on it. She had a hairy, yet pretty face way back when.

OK Alec Baldwin is like my one and only major Hollywood heart throb so I had to comment. I think his hair, for him, makes the sex appeal, he better not laser it off! :stuck_out_tongue:

I remember when lasers first came out, a few female celebrities were willing to discuss it. Actress Mira Sorvino talked about how pleased she was, which doesn’t surprise me. She’s got light skin and dark Italian hair, making her a good candidate.