Failed electrolysis?

Hi I hope I’m posting this correctly…:confused:
Iv been having electrolysis for 14 months, I first started doing 2 hours a week for 4 months then an hour every week after that.
Iv never once had a full clearance and the hair continue to grow just as they would if I shaved. I sometimes felt plucking which I mentioned to the person doing my electrolysis and was told “oh but it’s just a few hairs”
When I begun my electrolysis journey she told me it would take 2 years until I was hair free on my chin area. Seeing barely any reduction i questioned the 2 year time frame as I was now a year and so into electrolysis and I was told I would have to continue attending an hour every single week. Which surely isn’t correct? Over time I should be having less and less treatments? Most timesI have barely felt anything, more like a needle rather than heat. And I know the electrolysis had a problem with the wire on her machine.
I contacted the BIAE with my concerns and I was told that my hair growth was due to hormones. I explained I have had my hormones checked twice! By my GP at my request and both tests have come back normal levels.
I found the BIAE quite useless tbh.
Iv just started seeing a new electrolysis, I went for a consultation and I couldn’t believe the difference in treatment! I could actually feel the electrolysis, I didn’t feel the needle, I feel so stupid that I held back from seeing a new electrolysis due to embarrassment of showing my hairy chin😒
If there’s anyone reading this who is in doubt please please please!!! Go and try different a different electrolysis technician. Iv lost a lot of money but money comes and goes, the fact that iv lost and wasted 14 months of my time has left me feeling absolutely gutted! The hair on my chin has really ruined my confidence so much, I feel like a monster, it isn’t normal and I hate it.
I look forward to my next treatment with the new electrolysis technician I have found and I feel confident in her ability to perform electrolysis properly.

I agree with your assessment. I also love the British expression “gutted.” Says a LOT.

The statement: “I contacted the BIAE with my concerns and I was told that my hair growth was due to hormones” is, in my opinion, a common electrology “cop-out” because all hair growth is a result of hormones. And actually, everything in our body is a result of hormones. That often-used (and worn-out) statement is like saying, “Well, you have a coughing problem because you have lungs and you’re breathing.” Sorry, but our profession has overplayed the “hormone excuse” for decades.

If a follicle is killed, no amount of hormones will make it re-grow again! A man can have his beard removed, start taking male hormones … and his beard will not regrow!

Many electrologists have an almost pathological fear of overtreating and causing pain. Indeed, our schools talk incessantly about overtreatment and pain, and new electrologists often enter the field with anxiety instead of confidence. So, the current levels are too low and you get a nice, expensive “tweeze job.”

”… I feel so stupid that I held back from seeing a new electrolysis … “ Indeed, patients almost always blame themselves when in reality it is ONLY the electrologist’s fault for anything that goes wrong. Understand the problem, of course … but blaming the client? Almost never, unless she did something insanely wrong post-op.

Also, the differences in electrolysis (and laser) results can be incredibly different. I was an expert witness years ago on an underarm case (in a European country) and the client spent 240 hours on her underarms. The electrologist said she was about “half finished.” I, of course, presented my averages for such a case (never more than 8-hours). However, the judge said that, “Well there are NO STANDARDS IN THE FIELD, and probably standards are different in California than in this country” … Therefore, the client lost her case against the electrologist.

Hi Bono,

Sorry for the delayed reply, I have been extremely busy with work.

The first electrolysis I was receiving treatment from claims to have been doing electrolysis for almost 30 years :face_with_raised_eyebrow:!
I assumed I was being treated correctly and it was only until after many many treatments and online research (mostly reading on this site) that I begun to have my doubts. It probably explains why a lot of her customers do a runner! Never to be seen again, all though she likes to believe it’s down to “people not wanting to pay for it”.

Thank god I made the decision to try with a new electrolysis and so far the results have been fantastic! I get emotional just looking at the results that I have received in 4 1hour appointments. My Confidence is slowly coming back and I no longer feel like a freak. I feel feminine again and I’m excited To see the end results.:grin:

I’d definitely recommend electrolysis as it DOES work, it’s all about finding the correct electrolysis technician who takes pride in their work and treats customers correctly.

1 Like

I Heared Mention it from 1 Youtuber from UK, She was treated with Electrolysis by PCOS. She tested like 5 Electrolgysist out in her near. She was by some not statisifed , by some she hat scabs , some , scars even. 1 Plugged hairs.

Sometimes its better try 2-3 out, in your near.

But its not allways easy , like this.
In my near are exactly 2 and 1 have negative feedback in electrolysis by costumers on google (some)… mostly because mentioned plucking hairs ,it is a cosmetic studio .

I know also 2 Hours away from me a Doctor , i mean real doctor still do it.Also good choice, if you can.