facial wax

hi…im new to this site and cud use sum advice…ive had my eyebrows and upperlip waxed for sum time it hasnt caused any reaction wat so ever. however because of this, i decided to do a facial wax an i had a bad outbreak of small pimple like buttons…it has been six days and it hasn’t gone. i haven’t applied anything to d area but normal cleansing of the face regime (i have oily skin)

being extremely bothered by it, id decided to do sum research. this lead me to this site which i found to be very insightful. from reading previous posts im troubled as to which products to use as ive had sum time after the waxing. if i should go wit the tend skin or witch hazel…

i live in a tropical country so im unsure of the side effects in d case of the weather conditions…ps i also have one or too ingrown hairs around the law area…which i wud like gone…

You should always wash your face before waxing and perhaps that will prevent the small pimple outbreaks. The person doing the waxing should adhere to all hygienic standards as well so you avoid infection. To help boost healing, aloe vera gel and tea tree oil, red raspberry and azulene are good ingredients to consider.

A history should be taken to see what medications you are taking or to determine if there are any contraindications for waxing in your case. As for the ingrowns,I don’t know how close to the surface they are. You may have to do gentle exfoliating over time to get them close enough to the surface to release them. If you have elecrologists where you live, you can have the electrologist lift them with a sterile lancet and them treat them so they never regrow again.

Witch hazel and tea tree oil would be best. And avoiding your products for a few days can help.

I recommend you consider electrolysis to get rid of the problem for good.

thank you for your quick responses…im goin to d witch hazel and tend skin make it at home remedy…

to Lagirl wen u say avoid my products do u mean my normal facial cleansing routine…i usually cleanse, do a pore cleansing masque leave in for 15mins…a toner and den moisturize…shud i avoid these or in place of the toner use d witch hazel…an den moisturize…