facial hair removers

Most of the posts I’ve read here about facial hair seem to concentrate on the upper lip- my problem however, is my chin. If I let it go, er… grow, I’m sure I would have a lovely (NOT! :wink: ) white goatee. I’ve used the (discontinued) “Braun Silk- epil Cosmetic Facial Hair Remover” for years- it still works but I’d like to find something BEFORE this one stops working. Of the products I’ve found on line, the only ones that mention ‘facial hair’ in their desciptions, are:
Emjoi Classic Hair Remover-
Emjoi Gently Gold Caress-
Remington Smooth & Silky-
Which of these 3, (or are there any that I’ve missed), would be the best bet for removing chin hair?
Thanks for any information you can give me.

Some of the Emjoi models have these litte bump things that roll acroos your skin as you epilate, making them a little more comfortable, but I think the manufacturing quality isn’t as good as a remington. The very best ones in my opinion are the Brauns, so let’s hope the one you have continues to hold out-- I’ve had mine for years.

Dulcinea_Lady

I used the Braun Silk-epil for facial hair for several years and wanted to be able to cover more area at one time so I recently purchased the Braun Silk-epil Eversoft.

The Eversoft has little rollers with bumps which attaches over the main ‘plucking’ head and is supposed to make using the razor more comfortable.

To me, the Eversoft looks just like my first Braun Silk-epil except that it is wider and has more ‘pluckers’ and, of course, it has the bumpy roller attachment. I liked it just fine for my face.

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by sally forth:
<strong>…so I recently purchased the Braun Silk-epil Eversoft.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Which one do you use, the yellow & silver one or the lavender & silver one?
(I don’t remember the model numbers for either of them).
Thanks!

I recently purchased my first epilator. I used it on my entire face (chin included) without any problems what so ever! I think its the best purchase I’ve made in a long time. I’m sure you will find its great to use on your chin too.

Glad it’s working out so well, plumzee-- if anyone has tips for during and after use, please add them! One reason I didn’t like epilating my face was the redness I’d have for a few hours after.

hi,
i am new to the list and read these posts intently. i have entered the wonderful world of menopause and am experiencing the change of facial hair - my few, fine, almost invisable hairs have turned into a forest almost overnight (okay, so i’m exagerating a tad - it FEELS like a forest!).
i have tried waxing in the past and it left my face broken out for weeks, itching and then peeling. i have been shaving on the advice of another desperate menopausal friend, but am definately not happy with the results.
has anyone else gone through this? i was thinking about trying the enjoi optima but couldn’t find anything about using it on the face.
i would appreciate any imput. i am not wanting to experience the bump and peel process again!
thanks,
linda

I’ve tried the Braun Silk Epil Eversoft on my face and it just doesn’t work. Maybe I just need to let the hair grow a bit longer, which I may be able to do over my Christmas break. I’ve shaved everyday for five years but I don’t like the stubble and skin irritation that it causes. I also tweeze sometimes and it hasn’t caused any problems but it would take seemingly forever to tweeze my whole face. The face is a cosmetic challenge for many people. It’s the first part of your body most people see when they approach you and yet it is possibly the hardest area to successfully remove hair from. I’m still searching for a solution and good luck to the rest of you.

Lindak–I just bought the Emjoi Optima AP99 and had intended to use it for my face. Once I get the courage up I might try a small area and see how it does (I’m just terrified and breakouts and such, too). And, as you said, it says in the manual it’s for body hair removal only. I wonder why? It’s supposedly the “gentlest” epilator on the market.