Facial Hair Removal

I’ve been wanted to get laser hair removal on my face… Since I started shaving the unwanted hair really bothers me. I’ve been using micro touch to remove the hair. I’m really tired of doing this every other day. I’ll attach a pic at end of my post of the hair where I want to get laser.

Now my question is that how many treatments do I need to get them perm. removed?

thanks

[image]http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/743/hair2sy.jpg[/image]

If your goal is to remove the entire beard, you will probably need at least 8-10 treatments, and that’s if your practitioner is good. I have had 7 treatments with an outstanding practitioner and 80% of my beard is gone.

If it’s just the area you circled, maybe fewer treatments, maybe just 3 or 4. The chin area is extremely stubborn and you don’t have that circled so the task will not be so difficult.

Look for a practitioner with a long pulse Nd:YAG laser like the Sciton, Coolglide, or Lyra-i.

RJC2001

If your goal is to remove the entire beard, you will probably need at least 8-10 treatments, and that’s if your practitioner is good. I have had 7 treatments with an outstanding practitioner and 80% of my beard is gone.

If it’s just the area you circled, maybe fewer treatments, maybe just 3 or 4. The chin area is extremely stubborn and you don’t have that circled so the task will not be so difficult.

Look for a practitioner with a long pulse Nd:YAG laser like the Sciton, Coolglide, or Lyra-i.

RJC2001

Thank you very much… Its the cheek area that I want the hair removed. Do you know the “average” cost of cheek area on both sides? So do the hair start to grow again even with 3-4 treatments? I’m Indian (asian) so my skin is brown, will the skin color change where the laser will be used?

Thanks

Jatt

Yag lasers are for dark skins, so you won’t have any negative effects on the skin. Cost will vary from place to place and also depends on your location. best to get a few quotes after going to 3-4 consultations. My guess for that area would be around $150-200 per treatment.

Yag lasers are for dark skins, so you won’t have any negative effects on the skin. Cost will vary from place to place and also depends on your location. best to get a few quotes after going to 3-4 consultations. My guess for that area would be around $150-200 per treatment.

well cool… and I guess my last question would be about regrowth of the hair in that area… will the hair grow after certain time or after few treatments or what ever doctor recommends and they will be gone for ever?

I’ll keep you guys updated on whatever I decide.

Thanks

Jatt

hair sheds after each treatment, then you have a hairfree period for a few weeks, and then new set of hair comes in (that was dormant before). that’s when you get your next treatment. you do this continuously 6-8 times and most of the hair will be killed, in all stages of growth.

hair sheds after each treatment, then you have a hairfree period for a few weeks, and then new set of hair comes in (that was dormant before). that’s when you get your next treatment. you do this continuously 6-8 times and most of the hair will be killed, in all stages of growth.

Thanx

DO NOT DO LASER ON YOUR FACE!!
after 9 treatments the hair on my face became x3 worse–its seriously ruined my life. I have hair growing on my neck, on my chin, on my side burns, where I never ever had it, all cause of the laser. Its devastating. I’m just warning you guys–this was my experience.

Are you female? This is a rare occurence, but usually happens when too low settings are used and unexperienced tech goes over areas where there are only a few sparse hairs or no hairs with laser (which is not advised)

Hi Tehjatt:

If you just want that area done, I would suggest getting electrolysis rather than laser. Laser is better used on larger areas. It should not take too long to clear that area with electrolysis.

Alicia

Hi Tehjatt:

If you just want that area done, I would suggest getting electrolysis rather than laser. Laser is better used on larger areas. It should not take too long to clear that area with electrolysis.

Alicia

thanks, I’ve started a thread in Electrolysis forum.

you guys are great!