Face burns, which tech and method?

I have had quite a time finding someone. Here are the few experiences I have had. Hopefully someone can give me some insight. My hair growth is on my face (sideburns, cheek, neck) fine, brown and laser induced. I am very fair with dark hair, sensitive skin and scar and burn easily.

1. Electrologist A, CPE. Used blend, insulated probes, medium intensity. Had red dots for a few days and scabbing that I have not messed with. I am meticulous with my aftercare.

2. Electrologist B, CPE. Used thermolysis, said I could not use blend because I had knee surgery years ago and have a titanium screw. She said that the sodium mixture would turn to lye and gather around the screw. Is this true? It felt like she was plucking every single hair out. She said this was because of the specific growth stage they were in and was normal. After treatment, my face was very red and puffy, looked like a mask without individual dots. I have been icing and applying aloe vera.

Should I stick with A? I felt minimal plucking but now am concerned about the blend method and dots, but thermolysis makes my face burn all over.

Can anybody help?

1. Electrologist A, CPE. Used blend, insulated probes, medium intensity. Had red dots for a few days and scabbing that I have not messed with. I am meticulous with my aftercare.
  1. Electrologist B, CPE. Used thermolysis, said I could not use blend because I had knee surgery years ago and have a titanium screw. She said that the sodium mixture would turn to lye and gather around the screw. Is this true? It felt like she was plucking every single hair out. She said this was because of the specific growth stage they were in and was normal. After treatment, my face was very red and puffy, looked like a mask without individual dots. I have been icing and applying aloe vera.

Should I stick with A? I felt minimal plucking but now am concerned about the blend method and dots, but thermolysis makes my face burn all over.

I would return to Electrologist B, but only for the entertainment. Ask her what other interesting theories she has. You may find yourself learning something about alien abductions and ESP.

It sounds like A is competent and I would stick with him or her. For reference, when I do blend on the face, I’m quite reckless and still typically don’t end up with red dots. Fortunately, the face usually has excellent circulation and so heals quite well. I am no expert but it seems to me you’re best off letting the swelling be - it’s part of the healing mechanism.

Good luck.

I would also choose tech A but tell her/him that you got the scabs as a result of treatment and they should change their settings to accommodate this…see what they say and report back to us.