Eyelid hairs?

Hello guys, I was just wondering, is it possible to do electrolysis on the eyelids? (Bottom and Top) For some odd reason, I have little dark and fine hairs on my eyelid that are all over the bottom eyelid and close to the eye. Can anyone suggest a permanent solution? Thanks!

in 1874 Charles Michael use a metallic filament and DC current to destroy an ingrown hair on an eyelid. This is the first known use of electrolysis ever. So I would hazard a guess it’s possible to repeat that 142 years later .

Indeed it can be done and it will work, however, it may not be allowed in certain locale’s for an electrologist to perform electrolysis onthe eyelids and insurance policies may not cover the the electrologist if there are negative side effects. It may be required that only a physician may treat hairs on the eyelids, so do some inquiring.

Thanks for the answers guys! Have you guys ever done electrolysis on eyelids or close to the eyes? Have you guys known anyone who has done something of this nature? My electrolysist seems very skilled and she is a CPE, but I haven’t asked her about it yet. Also, when I say eyelid, I mean the flaps around the eye, not the part holding eyelashes.

Ok, so upon further research, I’ve actually found a video of Ms.Josepha Reina doing exactly what I would be interested in. However, I do have eyelashes around as long as the video in question, so my eyelashes cover the area a bit. Perhaps Ms.Reina would like to chime eventually about the details of such a precise procedure area. How long did it take to clear such a small area with tiny hairs? Also, how close to the eye can you get? I have some hairs on the actual bottom eyelid.

Well, now that you clarified your question, i will tell you that I have done this. As long as I can stretch the area closer to the orbit of the eye and insert at a 45 degree, or less angle, very carefully and the client can lie still, this can be done. Using a small probe is necessary.

I thought you meant eyelashes on the eyelid.

Ahh, that’s what I was thinking, they would just play silly putty with your eyelid to get a good spot to enter the hair. Can you tell me about your experience doing such an area? Is it time consuming, difficult, painful? How long would you expect work on the area?

It’s definitely microsurgery type stuff. I don’t breathe when I’m inserting. If I don’t feel comfortable treating a hair on the eyelid, then I don’t do it. As long as I can stretch it over the bone, I will do it. It’s something I don’t enjoy doing, so I will listen to to my cautious side on a case by case basis. It is painful and I don’t work there long. Do you have a quality picture you can post? Just curious.

1 Like

Hello, sadly I can’t provide a picture right now because I softly shaved the small hairs away too see how fast they would grow. I want to say most of it if not all of it was over bone or could be stretched over the bone. How far up the eyelid have you typically worked? Have you had to work pretty close to the actual eye even when you stretched the skin out? Since the hairs are fine black hairs, do you think they’d respond quickly to treatment? This is my bottom eyelid in question. I’ll try to provide a picture when possible.

Hello Zee1324, Indeed, that specific area is somewhat delicate due to the thin skin surrounding the eyelids. The risk of scarring is much greater than in the cheeks, for example.

If it is a client who comes for the first time, I would never start directly in that area until I am sure that the client will remain quiet. I think I know the video you’re referring to, and although I do not remember exactly all the details, I know it was about a young girl of about 25-26 years old. The method was flash and the needle type was an insulated bulbous of Laurier. I do not remember having made more than 3 clearances because it was virgin hair (it had never been touched), only bleached.

I hope this has helped you.

Thank you very much for replying Ms.Reina, I’m sure you’re very busy so it means a lot to me that you replied. On that video, it’s hard to tell if you’re working on the eyelid itself, but you’re very close. Is it possible to work on the eyelid itself? I have thin hairs that are darker growing on my bottom eyelid, above the orbital bones around my eyes. Dee said it’s possible if you can pull the skin over bone. Is this a very typical area to treat? My skin has reacted very well to treatment, I even feel it is helping my scars! Is that possible? I appreciate your response.