Esthetic or Massage Bed

I have been limping along with a basic aesthetic bed that does not adjust in height and has a cut out angle for the head _/ so there is no room for my left arm to rest on for face work. Of course there is leg obstructions too.

I have used a massage table in past but found the leg obstruction a prob.

Anyone have any recommendations or a favourite bed? Brand/model would be great.

Does the 360 swivel and height adjustment really help out too?

You may find these conversations to be helpful:

and:

Thanks James.

The Capella Hydraulic does look good. Hope the hydraulic system has been figured out and fixed by now.

I recently got an electric Silhouet-Tone (the model I wanted when I first started, but could not afford) in addition to a Capella. I found that I like the Capella best, and that I would take the ability to use the 360 swivel, over the automatic up and down for the client. While one may use the electric hieght adjustment more often, when you need the swivel, nothing else will make you happy.

I plan on modifying my ST Electric to have wheels or castors so I can move it around and lock the wheels in place when I am not moving it.

The castors on the bed is actually a really good idea!
I’ve been recently looking for new castors for my chair (the screws are too long and they are really wonky to roll around on) and that may get me around buying a new bed for a bit longer.

I had a Dectro Capella and I didn’t care for it, all the weight was resting on one small metal plate and I found the bed to be a bit scary when I had a client over 150 pounds. The bed was rated for a maximum of 400 pounds, but it seemed pretty flimsy.

I recently purchased a Silhouet-Tone, Laguna Mist, is rated for 800 pounds and it is very sturdy and I am happy with it.

While I have not had any problems with my Capella, Arlene has had plenty of problems with hers. I would offer that if 800 pounds were a desired weight rating for an electrolysis treatment table that was both functional, and attractive, one may wish to look at some of the dental chairs. Many are available from dentists who are upgrading, or retiring. If you know where to look, you can get them cheap as long as you can arrange to have them picked up.