epilator not working!! embarassing facial hair!!

[font:Arial] [/font] [font:Impact][font:Times New Roman][font:Arial]Hello everyone! :slight_smile: I’m new to this site and I’m really glad I found it. I’m an 18 year old female and I started using facial hair removal creams when I was 15 and, of course, had to continue using them. I started to get coarse, short facial hairs which I never got rid of. I got Vaniqua about a year ago and it worked really good. But unfortunatley, it’s $80 for a little 30 gram tube of it. So after I ran out of that and quit using it for awhile, I started getting lots of facial hair and it makes me really self concious. :eek: I can’t afford to keep getting the Vaniqua so I decided to buy an epilator. I bought an Emjoi Tweeze from WalMart. It hurts pretty bad and it doesn’t seem to get any hair. It does a little bit, but even after I use it for 20 minutes, I still have lots of hair on my face. And I used it yesterday for the 2nd time and now I have these red bumps all over my cheeks and I look like I have pimples all over my face. :frowning:

I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me? Have they heard of any creams like Vaniqua that aren’t quite so pricey? And is there a certain way you’re supposed to use the epilator to make it most effective? Cause I’m not gonnna lie the directions didn’t help me too much… And is the epilator I bought alright? I can’t really afford to buy another one… Has anyone tried the Lighting Touch from WalMart? I think it’s called that. I’d really appreciate some advice from someone who has a little more experience in the whole facial hair removing. Thank you. :)[font:Arial] [/font] [/font][/font][/font]

Do you mean the “One Touch”? It is a home electrolysis device (that can work in theory but is cheaply made and not an ideal electrolysis device in general), as opposed to a rotary/mechanical epilator that tears the hair out.

The best thing to do is to see a professional electrologist and get a consultation. You might be surprised how affordable it is, compared to the cost of Vaniqua and (if done by a skilled electrologist) is permanent. And it can’t be nearly as painful as using a rotary epilator on your face :confused:

If you can post a pic of your unwanted hair, the pros here might be able to give you a general idea of how long it might take.

Okay… thank you. :slight_smile: