epilating vs. waxing

so, i’m wondering, why don’t we hear any of the “my-epilator-caused-ingrown-hairs” horror stories being associated with waxing or tweezing? i mean, waxing, tweezing, and epilating are really just doing the same thing, different ways, are they not? would’nt it stand to reason that one would produce the same side-effects as any of the others :confused:

also, as far as preventing ingrown hairs…

assuming you don’t have sensitive skin, would exfoliating daily in the shower, and applying lotion to the chosen area before and after epilation be enough to prevent ingrown hairs?

I will say here and now that epilators can cause pretty impressive ingrowns for me, but not nearly as bad as shaving. I usually get them on the backs of my legs andthe outsides of my calves unless I am very careful to exfoliate.

Waxing can also give me ingrowns if I’m not careful about exfoliating, especially in the bikini area.

I must be lucky because now I hardly ever get a single ingrown. At first I got a few, mostly above the knee and on the upper backs of legs, but now in the shower I scrub those areas as hard as others and viola! They went away. I found the secret is to scrub well, and if I do get an ingrown, only work with it enough to free up the hair trying to grow out. I think most of the real damage comes from the urge to pick at them. I have to really resist touching the little ingrown lump.

Yes, exfoliating can make a word of difference with ingrowns. I suggest looking into Tend Skin, a moisturizer, and a scrub to use in the shower, and you should be fine.

Yes, exfoliating can make a word of difference with ingrowns. I suggest looking into Tend Skin, a moisturizer, and a scrub to use in the shower, and you should be fine.

Yes exfoilating is a crucel part of keeping away ingrowns.

Either by using “Tend Skin” or similar product or by a corser natural sponge or loofa sponge daily.

I perfer the corser natural sponge, a great massage for the skin and no ingrowns.

[color:“blue”] Hmm that is a hard one i’ve only used waxing ready strips and bought an epilater…and i get the worst cases of ingrown hairs! [image]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v32/LoonyLuong/Dry.gif[/image] but it is hard to say…but i’d go with epilating now, coz i recon wax is too much fuss.[/color]