Epilate in which direction?

Hi. I recently started using the Emjoi Optima & would like to know which is the correct direction to epiltate. Against hair growth or in the direction of hair growth. The manual says in the direction of, but someone on these forums said against. I’m presently using it on my legs & was epilating against the growth. (but was wondering if that is why i have little red bumps)

bye

I would like to know the same thing. I just ordered one today and am not sure what to do with it once I get it! I’d like to start out doing it correctly, so any help would be appreciated!

BTW, I’m new here. Hi everyone! :smile:

I have been using the Optima for a very long time.

Other than the first time of using a epilator on any specific area(where it’s unfortable and you can get some puffyness).
After that, using the Optima is a breeze.
As for which direction: Since hair doesn’t all grow in one direction I do a oval direction just like a person does with a regular shaver.
That way it get the hairs and those little tiny ones hairs also.
Just go slow, not fast so the tweezer action will be more efficent of epilating.

If it’s the cylindrical kind with rows of tweezers, the rotor should usually be spinning toward you, in the opposite direction of the hair growth.

Hair growth: -->

Rotor spin: <–

Thanks girls! I’ll let you know how it goes!