emotionally and financially drained

After over four years of laser and electrolysis treatment, not only do I still have coarse dark painful often ingrown hair growing EVERYWHERE but I now have started growing on my face as well. Making this all much worse, I have scars, pitting, hyperpigmentation, and discolored cysts (from ingrown hairs)on areas of my body that no woman should have that. I have never missed an appt and did everything right. i spent every dime I have (im a student with no job at the moment and only a low paying crappy job before) on hair removal…i have no money left and have to borrow from others just to be presentable. I have no life because of this- relationships, jobs, etc ruined because of it. I feel there’s no solution anymore for me and I cry several times a day over this

i also just canceled two planned vacations (paid for by someone else too) because my last ones were such disasters as i didnt want to leave the hotel with the way i look

Dear Wildebeest,

I could cry too reading your plaintive post. You have had enough! I have done the following for a few other “victims” of failed treatments, so what I’m offering is not all that special.

If you live in the Southern California area, and can get up to me easily (cheaply), I will finish you for free. I’m doing this to help substantiate all of the many hundreds of terrific electrologists that do stellar work. (I disagree that there are only a scant few.)

You may PM me if you wish and let’s just quietly get this horror a thing of the past for you.

Michael Bono- I’m so touched by your response and offer. I live in NYC and wish SO MUCH that I could take you up on your wonderful offer and am so extremely sad that I can’t. That would almost have been a dream come true. I am thinking about getting in touch with a family member who lives in Southern California just so I can see if I can go out there and stay for however long to deal with this…it probably wont be possible but if it is I would be forever grateful to you and if not I still appreciate your kind offer.

You see Wildebeest? Michael bears the surname he deserves. :slight_smile:

yes he certainly does!

I can feel your pain, because my situation is a bit similar to yours. Except I am on about the 2 1/2 year mark of both laser and electrolysis attempts. I’ve also experienced hyperpigmentation, scars, etc. Much of what is healing up fairly well, but some of which is noticeable. I’m also dealing with ingrown hairs on my neck. I think one of the most frustrating things about this process is the amount of money one can spend to come out only looking worse. I do envy the success stories on here and I hope that the both of us can see the light at the end of the tunnel someday. I think no person should have to go through this and no person should have to feel they have to lock themselves away!

Thanks chewbacca…

btw at the time when i was on vacation refusing to the leave the hotel room- I only had extreme body hair then no facial hair…but having it was so damaging emotionally and I felt like such an ugly freak I didnt want to go out. My mom even offered to buy me the nicest clothes and I turned down every offer. There’s no point in putting pretty clothes on a freakishly hairy ugly body.

Now in addition to the body hair I am rapidly growing darker and thicker facial hair so you can imagine if i was that bad then how horrible i am off now.

sorry to vent

Hi,

You’re in luck! I’m in Manhattan. I can’t promise you that I will have the time to finish your entire face and body for free, like Michael, but I will see what I can do for you, if you can come during off-peak times. PM me, and let’s zap that hair dead! :slight_smile: