Emjoi Optima

Just an update:

I did my arms with the Optima the other night. I have to say, I’m pretty impressed so far. I really did seem to get more hairs than the emjoi caress, and unless I’m crazy, it seemed to not hurt as much. I still didn’t get all the hairs, mainly because I was so red that I couldn’t see where the other hairs were until the next day. I did again on my arms last night, trying to get some of the missed spots. Sometimes, it still doesn’t get certain hairs, no matter how many ways you angle it, but it still gets a lot.

Oh, and I’ve been using a loofah every day, but I still got some white heads from this treatment. Is there anything else I can do to prevent this, because that’s really gross.

Well, I’m going to do my chest next. Wish me luck!

kevs:

So, then this duel epilator is better then the single epilators that even Emjoi makes. Other then the duel rotaries that go in reverse dirctions, they did some other things to make it much better than their single rotaries.
~
I found that for some of those fine hairs you need to try at different directions(not just against the hair direction). This works for me.
~
As for the white heads, maybe you need to try a pumise stone. Just use lightly with soap and let the stones do it’s job. If that’s doesn’t work than maybe try Tend Skin.
~
So you have only used the Optima on your arms?
Are you going to try other places?

Oh yeah, I’m going to do the whole body, atleast the upper, but I’m just going one body part at a time.

Can ayone tell me if there is a store that sells the Dual Rotary Epilator by Emjoi that cna be found in Canada as I do not wich to by online.

epstein:

Could you be a little more specific as to what city or provience you live in?

Aguila,
I live in Toronto, Ontario.

epstein:

How would you like to go joy riding?
Sharper Image has the Optima. They have stores in New York, Ohio, Michigan and Penn. Check thier web site for the ones most closest to you “www.sharperimage.com”.
They don’t have any stores in Canada.

I just ordered an Emjoi Optima online from Sharper Image. I’m so excited, I can’t wait to get it! I looked into it a lot and liked what I read, so I’m optimistic about trying it.
My question: Is epilating results similiar to waxing results in the fact that they both remove hair from the root? Will my hair grow back in the same amount of time regardless if I wax or epilate?

Is the Optima available elsewhere online besides the sharper image website? Cause sharper image charges more than most places.

Okay, I used this Emjoi Optima, and oh my god… THE PAIN!!! I seriously felt like I was being tortured! Well that was the first time I used it, so maybe I was doing something wrong. I think I might have gone too fast, and therefore I was pulling out many hairs at once which is painful. But with all that pain, I’m not giving up just yet. This hair has got to go, and from what I’ve been told, the pain gets less as you use it more and more. :wink:

saucy:

If your hair was short(not 2cm or more) you probarlly were using the Optima correctly.

Many people have said at this site, the first time you Epilate or wax is uncomfortable and there after if you continue it will be easier.
So hang in there.
It still would be a lot easier on you if you get some professional to wax you the first time.
With time you will learn to be more efficent and quicker with the Optima.

Keep us informed of how things turn out,ok?

Just wanted to post an update of my Optima experience for the past month and a half. I’ve been using it for “home Brazillian” purposes, and it works really well. Upkeep doesn’t hurt one iota, and I’ve encountered only a few ingrown hairs (despite numerous methods of daily exfoliation). I’ve used a pointed-tip tweezerman to deal with those few ingrowns. And I find that upkeep works best for me if I wait no more than three days between uses – preferably every other day. Takes only about 5 to 10 minutes anyway.

This is definitely the best option for me. My hair grows at an incredible speed; so letting my hair grow out for waxing and getting waxed every week or two just isn’t an option. And I’m not too keen on permanent solutions. This is ideal. Best epilator ever.

Anne:

Thanx for the update.

Yes the optima is a good temp method, cheaper that wax(especially if you have someone do it), at your own schedule and no you don’t have to wait for the hair to be long enough to wax.
I’m glad you said it doesn’t hurt 1ioda,cause it’s not even uncomfortable using the Optima.

I doubt though that it wouldn’t hurt for me to use it. I think I had stated earlier in the thread about how painful the Gently Cold Caress was for me, and Emjoi tries to state that it’s virtually painless. lol It’s probably one of the worst physical pains I’ve ever had before.

Aquila: The only problem I have is that in the upper leg curve area, it can be a bit difficult to get the finer, shorter hairs.

Todd: Don’t get me wrong, the first time hurt like the dickens, but after that, no problem. In fact, it’s not bad at all if I do it a couple of times a week. And it’s a heck of a lot faster than going to a salon, waiting, getting a wax, and in the meantime, getting hairy in between.

Oh, and thankyou Aguila for your info. on the board. I wouldn’t have known to get the Optima otherwise. :grin:

Anne:

I’m glad I could be of help.

How have you been doing in all the different areas?

Are you able to also get them very fine hairs?
Are you exfoilating everyday to minimize them ingrowns?
Do you have any areas that are more difficult than others?

On the advice I’ve read here, I bought an Emjoi Optima on eBay for $80 (good deal, huh? :smile: ). So far, I’ve successfully used it on my arms. It hurt pretty bad the first time, but it’s unbelievably easy after that. My legs are way more sensitive than my arms, so I’m working up my nerve to do them next. It’s so much faster than shaving, too! I love it! Thanks so much for all the advice I’ve found on this wonderful site!

PS-I will be glad to help feed your kitties as soon as I can! :smile:

I’ve been using an emjoi optima for a few weeks, and to this point, I’m reasonably satisfied. I find that I am having to epilate every four days on average, which, given that I am a male, and that I would otherwise need to wax every two weeks, seems a reasonably long period.

However, I have one concern - some of my hairs (particularly the slower growing, lighter hairs) appear to only be cut, rather than pulled out by the root. Am I likely to get stubble from hairs being cut like this? (I really want to avoid stubble!) Do any other optima users have tips about how to ensure that the hairs are pulled out by the root? At the moment, I’m epilating against the direction of the hair growth.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated…

Just thought I’d post this…
I’m a female and I have the Emjoi Optima but I ordered the Gold because I thought it might give a closer and quicker shave. However, I like the blue Emjoi Optima much better. I didn’t like the gold one at all. The wider spanse of the gold one seems to skip or miss some areas. But the blue one gets into the smallest areas and is quick and easy. I use the power cord, (without it, it seems slower) and I removed the protective blue cover which makes for a closer shave. I don’t mind the slight and quick pain - it’s not that bad but maybe I’m immune to it. But, I don’t do overall body hair, just any stragglers of hair I see here and there and underarm hair. I still shave my legs with a razor because I like the exfoliating affect of the razor. It might be painful to do overall body hair. I don’t have the need for this.