Eloctrolysis or laser therapy ELOS ? PLEASE HELP

hello all,

i am 21 and recently i noticed that my face became more hairy, especially my chin which has long hair. Thanks God they are light, so you can’t see them from far, but you can see them when you are closer!!!
so i researched different methods, haven’t tried anything yet… but i need to do something with that.
i don’t get what is better for light hair: electrolysis or elos laser treatment. and will my hair get darker after they start growing back after first treatments?

Although electrolysis is your best bet, you do need to choose your practitioner carefully. You should not have any darkening of the hairs as your treatment progresses, but you should consider why the hair has started growing in the first place. If the thing that grew the hair is not checked, you could continue to grow more as time goes by, although keeping up with that growth will be easy once you clear up what you have now.

i did a blood test about 2 weeks ago, but the result didn’t show anything. when i asked doctor, he couldn’t not explain me anything. he only told that maybe someone in my family might have hair on the face that’s why i have. but noone in my family has hair on the face, i asked my mum and relatives. it is so embaracing even talking about this. i don’t know whom to ask and what caused this hair grow on the face i have never had anything like this before :((((((
i was thinking about laser therapy because seems like it is more effective… is that true that with electrolysis i will need more sessions of treatment?

Dear Saby, I am not a professional at all, but as James said electrolysis is your best bet.
Laser works on dark thick hairs, but not on light hairs, while electrolysis can remove any type of hair.
Have you tried to test to see if you had PCOS ( Polycystic ovary syndrome ) ?
You may have longer hairs on your face and not be PCOS! But I think it would be good to get this checked.
But no not get all depressed, there ARE solutions to your unwanted facial hairs!

sorry: “do not” get all depressed!

PS: I am 21 just like you, and I also recently have had issues with light hairs, in my case they are really thin, but longer than the average facial hairs for a 21 year old girl!
I am now seriously considering electrolysis to get rid of them.

this is exactly what happened to me. i have light long hair on my face. so they are not visible from distance, but they are really visible when you come a bit closer… so i will go electrolysis then,
btw, do you have these longer hairs just on your chin or on your cheeks as well?

My longer hairs are mostly on my cheeks, more specifically on the lower parts of them, a bit under on the upper side of my neck, and around the sideburns areas. On my chin, they are not so long really, but still a little too long in my opinion, but it’s not much I have to admit.
Well and like you, people won’t see them from distance, only from closer, and especially if there is a lot of light!
I have to be honest and say it is not a dramatic situation, and I know many girls have more hairs in those areas, thicker, and darker, but still, it does embarrass me and bother me enough to think about permanently removing them.