electrolysis with jozefa

Here is HCD’s diary of her treatment with Mairi Hawkes:
http://www.hairtell.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/104021/My_electrolysis_diary.html

Mark831 has also been having treatment with her and I believe it’s gone well.

Hear hear, James! To all of your post but this last paragraph sums it up.

Interesting post and yeah I remember your thread and Miro’s that year and it’s how I started thinking about going to Josefa too since I don’t live too far away. I had to wait for more than a year which is completely understandable and since I recently had my first treatments by her I can say it was well worth the wait. I am probably further now than I would be if I tried to go to laser/limited electrolysis technicians closer by, so I believe this was my best option.

I was also worried about her due to her long hours daily but she seems to be in great spirits and condition every day. Amazing stamina and dedication, I don’t know how she does it. Maybe it’s the delicious rice & chicken meals haha :grin:

No, Stoppit, not only do not mind but I am deeply grateful.

I’m having a little more time in this next weekend, and I would like to offer an answer more extensive to your post. Since you mentioned Zaphairzap, I’ll ask her permission to put a picture of her underarms, so that everyone can see that she was right. 15 hours of electrolysis in both axillas and there was still 50% of the hairs. This is really unfortunate.

Do you know? while all that worry some (purists) of my American colleagues is that I do not use tweezers, but my fingers, and my style is, shall we say, UNORTHODOX, things will never change.

Looking forward to your post :slight_smile:

Just to clarify… zaphairzap made a real ‘go’ at electrolysis in her home country. Part of this was 15 hrs treatment on her armpit hair… only to still have 50% hair remaining.

If something has good and solid reasoning, it should not be dismissed. I cannot imagine using tweezers after understanding and experiencing the benefits of finger removal. I’m an sure that any if any electrologist who does not have a good kill rate and is aware of this, then moves to finger removal and finds hairs are not releasing with no effort after epilation, then adjusts technique/settings until they achieve an easy release with fingers… they will find a huge increase in effectiveness of their treatment.

This is a photo of zaphairzap´s left underarm. As you can see in the image the surface area is not greater than any woman, nor the type of hair is thicker than the average for girls. Someone would think that there might have been additional growth due to age and / or because of a late development, but because of the location of the hair, this explanation does not support. When this occurs, the hairs are located at the perimeter, particularly in the upper and lower ends, the last zone where the development of hairs on axillary area.

For the first full clearance of this underarm we need 40 minutes. It will be interesting to see the results in a few months.