Electrolysis vs Laser removal

Electrolysis vs Laser removal

i have been thinking for some years about getting permanent hair removal on my upper thighs/bikini area (nightmare at the beach/hottub etc ). Quite seriously, it has been ruining my life for 15 years, and i now live in california, and find it embarrassing and impossible to wear shorts and bikinis over the summer months, and i am sure there are many out there who fully understand without me going into boring detail.
now, as at a time of my life where i can finally afford to get (some?) treatment, i am even further confused.
dont misunderstand. Andrea’s site is amazing, informative and helpful, but i WAS under the impression that Laser treament was the most effective for long term removal, and now i am not so sure, and am grateful for having found this site before rushing off to my local Clinic, which i was on the verge of doing.
can anyone out there with experience of either laser AND/OR electrolysis give me some advice. i will be grateful for ANY feedback at all.

in YOUR personal experience:

1. what treatment are you having/had (laser/electrolysis)?
  2. what body area is this for?
  3. how long (months or years) have you been treated for?
  4. how many actual sessions have you had?
  5. how much have you paid so far?
  6. how many treatments do you anticipate needing to reach, say, 90% hairfree?
  7. how much more money do you consider you will realistically have to spend to be happy?
  8. do you consider yourself a success story?
  9. do you consider your treatments a waste of time and/or money?

thanks everyone

:slight_smile:

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by skippy:
<strong>Electrolysis vs Laser removal

1. what treatment are you having/had (laser/electrolysis)?

Both laser and electrolysis

1. what body area is this for?

Genitals (penis and scrotum) and buttocks

1. how long (months or years) have you been treated for?

Started laser in MAy of this year and started electrolysis 2 weeks ago

1. how many actual sessions have you had?

5 laser and 1 (or 2 depending on when you read this)electrolysis

1. how much have you paid so far?

$1500 laser and $100 electrolysis

1. how many treatments do you anticipate needing to reach, say, 90% hairfree?

5 treatments of laser gave me about 80% reduction of my DARK hairs only. This is not known for long term results yet.

1. how much more money do you consider you will realistically have to spend to be happy?

Ok I’ll guess, at least another $1000 ???

1. do you consider yourself a success story?

I don’t think either way.

1. do you consider your treatments a waste of time and/or money?

Yes it is very expensive but beats the heck out of the temporary methods such as shaving or waxing.

thanks everyone

Your welcome

:-)</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>