Electrolysis vs Laser for PCOS

Hi everyone,

I am 21 year old and live in Birmingham UK. At the age of 14 I started growing hair everywhere …literally EVURYYYWERE lol

fast forward. 6 years after battling severe depression, no body confidence i have had enough. I had laser on my face when i was 17 and it made it worse. now that i am 21 i’ve paid for full body laser hair removal and to my surprise it’s working on my body pretty well. I have also had 11 hours of electrolysis on my lovely beard. M y electrologist is quite surprised with the results. But deep down it’s breaking me, it’s tearing me apart. I have the entire PCOS package. But the hardest is hirsutism and hair loss. Every day I feel like i’m losing myself a bit more.

I think electrolysis is helping cause i can bleach my hairs but i go in every week and get treated on my face and sides and hair grows really fast now i understand that electrolysis takes ages and i am fine with that. But i want to know whether i should give laser another go? I have paid for it and it’s included in my package i just hate how i have to wake up to a male beard every morning shave shave and shave. I haven’t yet started electrolysis on my neck and though it would be a good idea to do half my neck with laser to see and compare the results for myself.

What would you recommend?

I have spoken to Marie Hawkes from Scotland and want to go there at the end of May to get my face and chest treated. I am so confused. Also I am a student who has taken a break from her studies cause of depression so i cannot afford a lot although i will work hard for the best.

treatments I have had so far.
1st 1 hour electrolysis appointment 19th of December 3pm £42
2nd 1 hour electrolysis treatment 24th 3pm December £42
3rd 1 hour electrolysis treatment 3rd of January 1, 2015 £42
4th 1 and 45 min hour electrolysis treatment 10th of January 2pm £73
5th 30 min electrolysis £25
6th 31st of January 1 hour electrolysis £50
7th 6th of February one hour £50
8th 14th of February 1 hour £50
9th 24th of February 1 hour £50
10th 3rd of March 1 hour £50
11th 10th of March 1 hour £50

Laser is cynosure elite pulsed laser.

What would you do I can include pictures but don’t know how to. I will try to figure it out.

Hi everyone,

I am 21 year old and live in Birmingham UK. At the age of 14 I started growing hair everywhere …literally EVURYYYWERE lol

fast forward. 6 years after battling severe depression, no body confidence i have had enough. I had laser on my face when i was 17 and it made it worse. now that i am 21 i’ve paid for full body laser hair removal and to my surprise it’s working on my body pretty well. I have also had 11 hours of electrolysis on my lovely beard. M y electrologist is quite surprised with the results. But deep down it’s breaking me, it’s tearing me apart. I have the entire PCOS package. But the hardest is hirsutism and hair loss. Every day I feel like i’m losing myself a bit more.

I think electrolysis is helping cause i can bleach my hairs but i go in every week and get treated on my face and sides and hair grows really fast now i understand that electrolysis takes ages and i am fine with that. But i want to know whether i should give laser another go? I have paid for it and it’s included in my package i just hate how i have to wake up to a male beard every morning shave shave and shave. I haven’t yet started electrolysis on my neck and though it would be a good idea to do half my neck with laser to see and compare the results for myself.

What would you recommend?

when I had laser at the age of 17 the hairs were a lot finer.

Explore arayajs

That is my neck after two days of hair growth. I have a full chest too :slight_smile: HAPPY DAYS ;( Sorry about the separate posts it’s not letting me do everything together. If you can’t see the image let me know please

Many thanks any input will be greatly appreciated.

Hey, first of all, are you on medication to regulate your hormones? I really think this is important (BCP, Spironolactone, etc.), as nothing will be permanent if your hormones mean that new hair keeps appearing… Personally, the combination of BCP and Spiro has also decreased my hirsutism on its own.

Beyond that, I’m not sure whether laser or electrolysis would be better for you, but I’m sure others will come along and weigh in.

Hang in there! You’ll get rid of this hair. :slight_smile:

Hey well i cant be on medication spironolactone gets me really depressed to the point i get suicidal thoughts and it also cause severe abdominal pain which really sucks :frowning: and i hope someone else is able to help!!! :slight_smile:

Thank you so much Skydivingjess

Hi a.s93 and others in the know.

I know your post is 4 years old but what had happened to you has also happened to me !
I was just wondering how you are getting along now ? Good I hope :smile:

I am about to start some electrolysis on my face and neck but I do wonder about trying laser again on this area. Before I initially had laser the hair used to be fairly light vellus hair but it is now like a mans beard, dark and stubbly … hate it hate it !
I am a 24 year old female. I have been diagnosed with PCOS and have elevated testosterone levels. I am trying to address the balancing of my hormones in more natural holistic way rather than using Spironolactone and Vaniqua. I am reluctant to start taking these medications for various reasons but I have heard that some people have got on really well with them. I certainly dont want to be taking them for the rest of my life !
Has anybody got any advice for me please ?

I emailed a.s93 last night who sent me this:

Hi Archielou123

after a few months I decided to give it another go with laser, and everytime I look back I realise that it was really really worth it. It was the best decision I ever made. It has given me smooth skin, and yes I do still have to shave but it’s so damn worth it.

I started getting my face and neck lasered every 4 weeks then 6 then 8 and now I can do 3 months apart.

I really hope you find what works best for you but as I wanted quick results I decided to go with laser and I do not regret it.

I was unfortunately unable to log in but if you have any questions feel free to post them here and I can reply to Andrea so she can post them.

Good luck, and let me know how you get on! Remember if there is a will there is a way.

1 Like

Have you had laser on your neck in the past or was it just your face area?

A skilled electrologist, like Ms. Hawkes can get you cleared. It would take me about 4 hours to do a first clearance on your neck (using PicoFlash or MicroFlash thermolysis) and I bet M. Hawkes would be close to that time frame, as well. After that, you would need to get a second clearance in about 6 weeks and so on and so on, keeping on a schedule to get cleared every six weeks for about 12 -18 months.

Laser might help on your neck. It looks like you are a good candidate for laser, but I have seen mixed results and some hair stimulation when laser is used on the face. You will still need electrolysis after laser to pick up the percentage of hairs (% unknown?) that laser can’t “see”.

This can be expensive, but permanency is worth it. Dig in and move forward to combat this hair. Electrolysis can do it all, but you need an electrologist that can work skillfully fast for longer than an hour at a time.

Ditto everything Dee said.
Also, hair stimulated by laser does not get killed by it later when it turns coarse. The only option for such hair is electrolysis. I’m just finishing a case like yours of a lovely bride who is getting married on Saturday. I’ll upload photos in a minute as they are on my pc.

This was before we started tmt in 25/05/2018.
Below are photos taken 1 yr later. We are rarelly picking any hair from the beard area. Clearing her upper lip currently.

We’ve done 60 hours in total working in flash electrolysis. As you can see there is no hyperpigmentation, scarring or texture abnormalities, just beautyfull skin.

6 Likes

Thank you Geri for such a wonderful showing of your results. I particularly like thi case because it shows whats so typical for paradoxal laser hair stimulation, the indian /pakistani heritage and the olive complexion and the overwhelming amount of course dark hair, and how such a case can turn out. PCOS sufferers have bad situations as well though I dare say a slightly different type of hair.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for showing these wonderful results.

Seana

1 Like

Excellent work, Geri!

1 Like