Electrolysis treatment for Acne/clogged pores?

Hi all,

I have come across a few mentions on the forums of electrolysis being success in treating some types of skin conditions, mainly clogged pores like blackheads where the “capsule” must be removed.

I have been looking for treatment for my own skin, which I consider to be very oily and very congested (blackhead, milia, and sometimes cysts that do not come to the surface and eventually disappear). I do not often have “active” pustules, however I feel plagued with this congestion.
To further elaborate on how bad this congestion is, in some areas if I press the skin the amount of sebum(?) that comes out is honestly confounding (and disgusting)…
Here are some photos

Has anyone had any luck in specific treatments (electrolysis even?) with this type of skin issue? I fear that there is just so much under the skin that it may not work with electrolysis…

I have also come across a company in Australia that has marketed a “new” technique to destroy pustules and active acne, called Sebaceous Gland Ablation (SGA).
This technique is based off a paper on Selective electrothermolysis of the sebaceous glands: treatment of facial seborrhea by Dr. Toshio Kobayashi.

There have been a few videos uploaded by this company, I’ve linked two here:

As seen in the videos, the promo one with graphics shows the needle is inserted directly into the sebaceous gland itself.
The second video shows the operator using a magnifying lamp to view the skin and perform treatment.
How exactly would they see where the sebaceous gland is accurately located? Or is this not an issue, as the gland may be destroyed via the hair follicle anyway?

Which then leads me to wonder that even with electrolysis treatment for hair removal, the sebaceous gland is not always destroyed through treatment. Or is this true for only a small percentage of follicles?

Dr Kobayashi’s paper seems to indicate this technique is effective, but I’d like to know what thoughts/experiences others have.

I’m also curious to know whether there is the potential for the skin to collapse as a risk of such treatment? Suppose if there was overtreatment…

This is a pretty good overview, too:

https://www.thepmfajournal.com/features/post/the-use-of-electrolysis-in-acne-treatment-sebaceous-gland-ablation

It’s not for everyone, so check with your dermatologist.