Electrolysis Thoroughness

I have a question about how to communicate thoroughness to an electrolysis technician.

I was working with an electrolysis and overtime I became unhappy with each session. The last session was 30 minutes for my chin and lower chin area, she finished in 15 and there were still several long; thin hairs in the area-it wasn’t thoroughly done. I was quite disappointed.

So I found another technician and I communicated my previous experience to her. I went to her for two areas and when she finished, I noticed there were still the same hairs in the chin and lower chin area. Do technicians not see the long, dark; but thin hairs? How do I communicate my concern to them?

Emphasise what you have said here. There may be an issue with magnification or lighting, but an electrologist should be properly set up to handle this.

If you were my client, I would spend more time going across the skin thoroughly, and I’d make sure we had a hand mirror so you could point out any problem areas.

Thanks for the feedback.

This is the second time i’m coming up against this issue-a technician who isn’t thorough. I mean, at this point I’m elongating the appointments and having different people do different sections on my face. I feel like they just want me to come in and out. I even explained to this second technician what my expectations were and I’m surprised by the result. Is there anything I can do as a client to better explain what I expect?

Do they wear surgical loupes? I don’t think they can see the hair?Also, if they had an LED or Halogen light they could angle the light so it highlights all the hair in an area.

These kind of hairs are the domain of electrolysis. If the practitioner can’t see them, then why are they providing this service. I’m frustrated, like you. Quality equipment means everything or you can’t serve people with every structure of hair.

Hopefully, they are not deciding what they think should go and what should stay. You requested what concerned you and there is no reason why those hairs can’t be tapped… unless they have a poor vision set up. I don’t know how we get on the same page with this stuff.

1 Like