Electrolysis, the Anagen stage, and Starting Out

Hi, it’s me again. I’ve finally decided to try electrolysis next week. I still have yet to schedule an appointment (I will get on that tomorrow), but I have a few more questions:

1. I currently take MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane), 1000mg, for extended hair growth. I’ve been taking it for 2+ years now, and it has definitely been working for me. I’ve read up on the internet that MSM can actually prolong/lengthen the anagen stage. I do believe this is true, because my hair has reached great lengths, and I do believe this is the reason why my body hair is so noticeable at the moment. I was wondering if this can, in any way, be beneficial to electrolysis (prolonging the anagen stage)? As in, can it speed up the process?

2. Also, I was wondering what usually happens during consultation? Can I get my treatment started the same day as my consultation?

Obviously, I’m still new to all of this, but I’m trying to find out as much information as I can.

I am looking forward to reading responses to your question - responses based on science rather than subjectivity based on personal experience would be very exciting.

Many electrologists learn that electrolysis is more effective during this growing phase - Anagen. HOWEVER, through personal observation, some electrologists have concluded that electrolysis is equally effective in all stages.
I hope that someone is able to present the science to back this up. It would help in electrology education.

Let us presume for a moment that electrolysis is going to be more effective during anagen. If you have prolonged anagen and if you present with more hairs per square inch as a result, more hair follicles can be treated, appointments can be as long as you can handle.

I suspect that you will get cleared faster BUT keep in mind - all of the hair that is capable of growing is not going to be present at any given time. We still have hair - not fur.

Therefore, you will see less density faster as more hair will be present for the electrologist to treat.

Regarding the consultation: if you visit 10 different electrologists, you’ll likely experience 10 different consultations. I suggest you schedule several consultations and ask each the same set of questions and make a determination of where you’ll feel comfortable getting your treatment.

Some will only want to give you a short appointment the first time - I think it is wise to initially, get the shorter appointments and compare the treatments.

I hope you return to share your progress with us.

All the best.

Alright thank you for the response! Yeah I had figured, I made this topic at around 2 oclock in the morning so my mind was running haha. I’m hoping to receive some type of biological reference to this answer though… though your answer makes sense.

And about the consultation - what if I’ve already called in a few electrologists and asked them questions about their services? Should I still try to see them in person? I’ve heard of a good one that’s about 20 minutes away from me, and I’m kind of set that I want to receive treatments from her.

While you can gather good info on the phone, visiting the office will give you a bigger picture. You will see the facility and you will feel the treatment.