Electrolysis Pinhead scars

I had lower portion of stomach hairs removed by electrolysis. It’s been two months but I can see pinhead scars and also regrowth is there.

I am concerned about the scars as I have Indian skintone and prone to hyperpigmentation. Will such scaring be permanent? I am going to start my full face, a little bit worried about that.

Any ointments to apply ? Will Vitamin C help to reduce such scars?

It’s not scarring. It’s hyperpigmentation, which is a common result of electrolysis and typical for people with brown skin tones like you. Hyperpigmentation is not permanent and will resolve after you’ve completed your schedule of treatments. It will probably even become less noticeable as you continue.

The hair you see is not regrowth. It’s new hair that hasn’t been treated yet. Because of hair growth cycles, you’ll need to treat the area many times over the course of 12-18 months.

Your electrologist should have taken you through the all of this information in a consult, so it’s disappointing if they haven’t done that.

You could try to use active ingredients like Vitamin C, Azelaic Acid and so on. It may help to reduce the hyperpigmentation, but don’t spend too much money as this is something that will resolve completely on its own.

In addition to what Thermo said, 8 weeks after a treatment you should expect to see some new growth - it does not appear to be regrowth. Follicular units have multiple hairs growing, shedding, or resting at any given time. The electrologist should have explained that.

Additionally, that temporary post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH) will occur as long as you are having treatments. It will fade after you stop receiving treatments. Your face will likely not do the PIH in the same manner if at all. Start out with a short treatment to make sure.