Electrolysis on eyebrows

Hi there

I’d like to retocuh my eyebrows, what I want is to remove some hair density and also change the width. I guess electrosys is a good choice to outline the eyebrows width, but what about the hair density?

I guess it must be hard to work in them since there is so much hair and you can’t difficultly see the pore. Also I guess there is too much hair to be working on them? (It would take a long way to do it I guess?)

I thought about doing laser for the density, It would mean shaving the eyebrows and then using laser. But I’m not sure if it would be a good idea.
It could look patchy after laser maybe?

What do you think is the best way to go?

Thank you everyone

Electrolysis is permanent. It may not be such a great idea to use it on eyebrows, as much as it sounds fantastic. There was someone on here years ago that felt absolutely shattered after her eyebrows were ruined by electrolysis.

If you DO go down this path, make sure you and the practitioner are VERY clear about what is going and what is staying.

I’ll try to be pleasant answering this question and above statement; but it won’t be easy. See, EYEBROWS are the “bread & butter” of a good majority of electrologists. Saying that “electrolysis is not such a great idea” flies in the face of what could easily be many millions of perfect treatments for eyebrows on happy satisfied patients; you know for the last hundred years or so?

Sure, being “careful?” Of course, and the vast majority of electrologists are careful, artistic and perform magnificent work on eyebrows. It’s what they do! I have done countless eyebrow cases (not my favorite) and the results are always stunningly amazing. What you get from electrolysis (on eyebrows) is impossible to achieve by any other technique: shaping? YES. Thinning … yes, of course! “Hair by hair perfection!”

I can’t think of a single area that is absolutely PERFECT for electrolysis … and NOT PERFECT for laser! Here again, clients of (any) procedure get themselves in trouble when they offer “expert” recommendations based only on their own experience, a supposition or the uncorroborated “experience” of ONE person (in this case “someone on here years ago … “).

In science this is “faulty reasoning”: going from a specific to a general. “I saw a red rooster, therefore all roosters are red.” Or in this case: “Someone said they saw a red rooster; therefore all roosters are probably red.”

With Emilily’s logic a whole bunch of statements could be made, again based on minimal observations or hearsay. What about: “I heard of a patient that was ruined by plastic surgery. So, it’s not “such a good idea.” Well, you get the idea?

I don’t want to belabor the point, but THIS statement needs examination and serious correction based on fact. I’m hopeful that the few dwindling electrolysis experts on Hairtell will chime-in and not let such an outrageous statement stands!

The eyebrows are the domain of electrolysis. As Mike said, we can be very precise down to the nabby one crazy hair poking out at a 90 degree angle in the middle the eyebrow.

I don’t have time to write more of my thoughts on this right now, but I will return.

Dee,
Getting the right shape and density on an eyebrow I think would be an art form.

Seana

Don’t even THINK of having laser anywhere near your eyes. As to electrolysis, I had my brows shaped years ago and I love the shape. HOWEVER, I also had them “thinned” and I do regret that. My eyebrows have thinned even more over the years and now what were once to full, dark eyebrows are now borderline transparent and I have to fill them in with powder. So, yeah, if you wanna get the outline of your brows done, I say go for it…I don’t regret it at all. However, I strongly urge you not to have the hair density reduced as it usually reduces with age anyway and you can end up with brows that are too sparse.

Electrolysis is permanent. Getting it wrong on your eyebrows can have more serious consequences than getting an eyebrow wax that takes a little too much off.

Make sure that you and your electrologist are both very clear about what is going and what stays.

I thought I should reiterate that since people’s replies tend to get lost when there is unnecessary infighting going on with whomever the pros have decided to take issue with on a particular day.

How right you are, Michael!

Eyebrows are the canvas where electrologists can show off their artistic talents.
Sometimes even we find disastrous designs made by the customer, or many times by a well-intentioned friend, but with very bad sense of aesthetics.

I have completed hundreds of cases of eyebrows. Some of them very easy because they had never been touched. Other more complex cases, shattered by years of tweezers.

This is the last case in which I worked. This girl had eyebrows poorly designed. I suggested to wait so that the missing hairs grew and we could redo the design. The client expressed skepticism because she thought that these hairs would never again grow anymore, and she would end up with bald patches or empty areas.

Before (October 2013)

5 months and 6 sessions have been enough to get these other eyebrows. The last session in March 2014, three months after the previous session in December 2013.

After (March 2014)

Another case of eyebrows:

Before:

After:

Another one:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

I always feel bad when something thinks I’m fighting with them. I’m not! I’m being critical and there’s a big difference. Besides, I’m “equal opportunity” for everybody, and reserve the harshest criticism for myself.

Emily, I agree with your second way of stating this and that probably was your intended meaning. Sure, being that electrolysis is permanent, the patient and operator must be careful on shaping eyebrows. Absolutely!

Your original statement as a “stand alone” statement implied that laser might be a better choice (referring to the original question). And, bringing-up only one “bad experience,” and not mentioning the millions of satisfied “eyebrow cases,” cast your original statement as a warning: A warning to not have electrolysis at all!

It’s my “job” to point out issues like this.

Some of my best friends here (Jossie, Seana) … well, by now they probably understand. See, the written word has 10 times the impact of the spoken work. It’s difficult to communicate your meaning and easy to take things the wrong way.

Also, the lady that commented on “eyebrow thinning” … I agree with her. As we age, eyebrows tend to thin out anyway. I would remove a random odd hair, but I have never thinned out an entire eyebrow.

And Jossie … THIS is such beautiful work. I know I can’t do this, so I don’t even try. (I know my limitations.) All of your cases are perfection and this industry is lucky to have you showing the way forward!

I didn’t mention laser at all in my initial reply because I think laser is not really an option for eyebrows.

I think the best option for eyebrows is threading if you can find someone who knows how to shape brows to suit the face. Obviously the same advice would apply for electrolysis. It will work, but you need to know it will have permanent results which cannot be undone, so you can’t afford to have anyone make mistakes.

Jossie, any one of those before pictures would be a improvement over mine currently.I thought of trying to do them myself. AllI can think of in response is a star trek quote:

"Aye, we can try captain.But I do not recommend it "

I’ll likely end up going to a pro for that. I actually picked one out but I’m looking at saving the pennies for it.

Seana

Thanks Michael. Why I am not able to believe that someone who does this kind of drawings and recommendations (ie, you) can not perform this type of work? :slight_smile:

Wise decision, Seana. I’ve never been able to do electrolysis on my face. And believe me, I’ve twisted like a snake to reach the most unusual areas of my body. :wink:

I did try it once. It IS possible. But I didnt get more than 1 or 2 insertions before my arms got tired. The ergonomics of such a feat would put a real strain on a person, but it would be possible to work there.
In my case I plucked there for 15 odd years. It had an effect,and its going to take some real work to fix it. It wouldnt be practical to DIY this.

Yes folks, the queen of DIY is admitting a limitation. You wont see it often, but even I know when I am better off in the hands of someone that knows what they are doing!
Seana