Electrolysis on darker skin (dents)

Hi there,

I have a question about denting scars on brown skin. I have received electrolysis on and off for the past three years with good success. However, because of COVID I had to stop treatment and there was some reversal of progress. I always received treatment in the US without any scarring or hyperpigmentation.

I am now living abroad and I have doubts about my practitioner. She has 40 years of experience. Her machine is older than what I’ve used in the past and I’m not sure about her technique but it hurts a lot. A lot more than it ever has.

In my third treatment, she zapped some hairs in the corner of my mouth. I iced and applied antibacterial cream. I now have hyperpigmentation and three noticeable dents. I asked her if this would resolved and she assured me that yes, it would, but I am worried. Should I go back to her? My options are limited and I believe she may the only practitioner where I live.

Grateful for any feedback on the practitioner and/or suggestions about healing the skin.

Thank you!

Well, there is a whole lot to “unpack” in your post: lots of questions … and, I’m sure the others here will be asking. Side note: I received three identical situation emails this week; and it’s only Monday! That outer corner of the upper lip … number one potential problem area on the face.

Hi Bono, thank you for your reply. I was hoping you would bc I find your answers insightful. I watched your video about skin healing yet I couldn’t find the specific one about problem areas.

The reason why I asked this question is because my electrolysis practitioner and I don’t speak the same language (very limited skills on my part) and while she tries to explain I don’t understand her. She says it will be ok, it will heal.

I know it’s hard to assess someone else’s work via post. I don’t want to stop my treatment and write her off. Would really like a second opinion here.

I’m sorry I can’t tell what kind of technique she uses but I can describe it. She inserts the needle and zaps the follicle sometimes more than once. It is extremely painful and her pace not fast like my precious electrolysis practitioner. I’ve done extensive research and I hope my skin will heal (what’s done is done). I’m concerned about continuation of treatment.

No more electrolysis with this practitioner, please. Severe overtreatment! :rage:

:heart_eyes: Yes indeed.

1 Like

Thank you both for affirming my instinct. Will this heal? Is there anything I can do to reduce the hyperpigmentation and denting?